Chapter 9: The Rescue Mission (pt1)

It was true. A portal laid open in a murky close-by alleyway, and Peter had confirmed that it would take them to Earth-42: where Miles and Miguel awaited their arrival. But one thing stood out, how did the portal appear?

"So, are you ready to head in? Defeat the Prowler, help Miles face The Spot, y'know?" Peter spoke happily to Y/n as Mayday giggled along with his enthusiasm.

"Yeah... also, what was that other thing Miguel mentioned? You never really explained it..."

Petter gulped lightly.

"It's nothing, you'll find out soon enough..."

After the short interaction, the team entered the portal, and for Y/n it was a case of deja vu as they were taken back to the top of the very building they were forced out of a month or so ago. The scenery was the same, but now it was even more unbearable than it was the last time. Miles and Miguel were somewhere, but so were the Prowler and The Spot...

Suddenly everyone's spider-senses went off, urging them to descend the builders and enter the alternate version of Miles's apartment block.

All Y/n felt in that moment was familiarity. And they were almost certain that the same thing was going to happen to them again...

"Y/n..." Gwen started, pausing for a short while before continuing, "How about you handle getting Miguel and Miles outta here while we tackle the other stuff?"

Y/n nodded. With that, the mission officially started, and Y/n, Gwen and Peter split up with the rest of the group who were on lookout.

They quickly found and entered the room where Miles was being held captive. It was still the same, apart from the collision marks on the walls from when Y/n and Miguel attempted to fight the Prowler. Even the punching bag was still there, and when Gwen turned it around, Miles was still there. He had, however, more bruises than last time, and Y/n became worried now about what had happened after the attack, to both Miles and Miguel.

Y/n and Peter left Gwen, who was trying to talk to Miles, and searched the surrounding area. But, as Y/n was rummaging through a pile of crumpled papers, she saw movement in the shadowed room corner. And, surely enough, it was Miguel.

His suit was tattered, like Miles's, and his mask was torn, showing most of the lower part of his face. He was also exhausted and slightly hurt. Y/n blushed heavily at the sight of him, but not for long as they tried to help him.

But, he suddenly looked at Y/n with weary eyes seen through his mask. His mouth opened for a short while, before whispering to Y/n quietly.

"Y/n... you need to leave..."

(Tysm for 2k reads, I appreciate it so much! Thank you for reading!)