Chapter 10- The Rescue Mission (pt2)

"W-What? Leave? But no, I'm here to save you-" Y/n started to whisper back, but Miguel cut them off by placing a finger lightly on their lips.

"The Prowler has gotten stronger... he managed to break my watch, and since then he's been using me and Miles as practice dummies for when you guys arrive..."

Y/n sighed. They knew something like this was bound to have happened.

Suddenly, Y/n started to pull Miguel from the ground, his heavy, tired body slumping against their own.

"What the hell are you doing?" He muttered as Y/n struggled under his weight.

"Getting you out of here. Think you'll be strong enough to walk on your own?"

Miguel steadied himself and nodded to Y/n, before they went on their way out of the building. Passing the punching bag once again, they noticed that Gwen had already taken Miles, so Y/n and Miguel were left to just escape the building and join the others on the rooftop.

That was the plan, until a familiar set of footsteps was heard from behind. They turned around to see The Prowler, bracing himself for another fight.

But just as he was about to throw an attack at them, Miguel shielded Y/n, his back getting slashed in the process. This granted them both enough time to escape out the window, and as they did, the other spider-people entered, starting a violent fight with The Prowler.

Y/n and Miguel met Gwen and Miles on the rooftop, but they all stayed quiet as Miles laid down groggily. His eyes were open and he was able to move, but he struggled to make sense of the situation.

"Hey, you two..." Gwen spoke, looking up at Y/n and Miguel with worried eyes, "you can head off if you'd like... I don't mind either way..."

Y/n attempted to stay, but Miguel insisted they gave Gwen space to try and help Miles.

Instead, the two of them sat on the edge of the building across, facing the city lights in front of them.

"Y'know, Y/n, I'm actually kinda grateful you helped me out back there," Miguel spoke, his voice croaky.

"You're welcome... But, if you don't mind me asking, what happened? Not just with The Prowler and all that, but with your life in general?"

Miguel sighed.

"It's a long story..."