Chapter 8: Realisation

Before they knew it, Y/n had spent a month with Gwen and Peter's team. They'd helped out on intense action-based missions, occasionally babysat Mayday, and took evening stargazing trips with Gwen. But it wasn't all that simple: Y/n had fallen hard for Miguel O'Hara.

Whether it was his voice, his face, or his secretive and frustrated personality, Y/n was crushing over him. And Gwen knew it.

She suggested sitting quietly on the edge of a building with their headphones, and listening to a song relating to their feelings towards Miguel as a way of realising the situation.

So, in an attempt to find their feelings for him, Y/n took the night off to stargaze with the comfort of their headphones. The bustling of the city below was instantly cancelled out as they slotted their headphones on, and they played the first song that came to mind: 'I love you like an alcoholic'. It reminded them of the moment they knew of their feelings, but also reminded them of the day they and Miguel were separated by the Prowler's attack. Y/n's heart fluttered heavily, and at the end of the song they removed their headphones and stood up, letting the cool evening air sway them ever so slightly. Until Gwen came from behind.

"Y/n..." she whispered between heavy breaths as they slowly turned around to face her.

"Y/n, we think we found a portal to where Miles and Miguel are..."

(So sorry for the short chapter, I was rushing a bit lol. Hope you enjoyed!)