Chapter 2: (Quickly) Meeting Miguel

Before Y/n could speak, they were grabbed by the wrist and taken into the portal, the two of them being transported to what seemed like another dimension. Everything was a blur of bright colours for many seconds, and they struggled to keep composed as the strange person's hand still clasped tightly around their wrist. Soon, the experience was over, and as they touched down on solid ground the grip on Y/n's wrist was removed, letting them fall slightly. Looking around, Y/n realised they'd travelled to somewhere entirely new; a completely different version of Nueva York to be exact. The stranger looked at them impatiently as they steadied themself, but Y/n spoke first before the person had even a chance to utter a word.

"Alright, you managed to drag me here without any complications. Now's your chance to explain what the hell is going on..."

The person stared at Y/n for a short while before replying, the eyes on his mask narrowing slightly.

"My name is Miguel O'Hara, and I have come to you to ask whether or not you are ready to help save your friend Miles Morales from his evil alternative, the Prowler. I imagine you are quite skilled with your abilities, sí?"

Y/n looked at their hands, covered by their f/c suit. Sure it had been a while since they'd actually used their spider-based powers for more than web slinging around the city, but they felt like they'd gotten the hang of it all a little while back.

"I guess so..." Y/n spoke, "But... I know I'm friends with Miles and all that, but why me? Surely you could've chosen someone more... experienced?"

Yet again Miguel glared at them for a while before turning his head away.

"You seem worthy enough. I saw how you were back at Miles's place, how you dealt with the situation even through such physical hardships as your senses. Plus... why not? Even if you were under-experienced, it would be hilarious to try and train you..."

"Thanks... Miguel, was it?"

"Sí, en efecto..."

There was a slight pause as both of them looked out at the landscape in front, but soon enough Miguel interrupted the tranquillity by speaking.

"But anyway, follow me. I'll introduce you to the plan I have laid out..."

Suddenly, Miguel began walking away, and Y/n was left with no choice but to follow him, thus beginning the lengthy journey to save Miles Morales.

(Heyy tysm for 100 reads, I really appreciate it. I'm going to watch Across The Spider-Verse on Saturday so I'll hopefully have longer and more accurate chapter after that :) Thanks for reading!)