Chapter 1: Issues arise

Y/n woke up very suddenly on a very busy day in the city. Their senses were blaring, as hot as a fiery torch lit right up against their face. Yes, the city was alive, it was almost noon after all, but something horrific must be happening for their senses to be as bad as this. Quickly slipping on their suit, Y/n departed from their apartment, making haste towards the place of residence of their friend and fellow Spider-bitten person; Miles Morales. He lived not too far away, only a few blocks or so, but as Y/n's throbbing headache grew more and more vigorous, the journey became longer by the second.

Eventually, as light-headed as they were, they reached Miles' place. The door was locked, as anyone's door would be in this day and age, but Y/n soon located the rusty spare key under the doormat (classic hiding place) and turned it into the lock. As the door swung open, Y/n quickly noticed that the place was messy, dark, and quiet.

Miles Morales is never usually this quiet, right?

Y/n's senses now felt like wildfire, but eager to get a grasp on their newfound mystery they moved onwards. Advancing to his room, the quietness grew a pit of fear in their stomach, a kind of unnerving illness.

The door to his room opened, and as dreaded, no one was home. The room was, undeniably, melancholy and monotone. Not like Miles at all.

It was only when Y/n opened the door an inch more they realised the presence of a portal. A human-sized hexagon full of blinding neon oranges and reds. An interdimensional tube of sorts.

They inched closer to the portal, their eyes wide behind their mask, but as they tried to reach out into the portal, mesmerised by its brightness and vividness, a figure fell out of it, narrowly avoiding Y/n as they fell forcefully to the floor amongst the piles of paper and creased t-shirts. The figure looked at Y/n, a sense of frustrated and confused tension growing in the air, before Y/n spoke up.

"Who the hell are you?" They spoke, refraining from removing their mask.

"Doesn't matter yet," the person replied, subtly angry, "Your friend needs help, and I'm afraid I'll have to take you with me to help..."

(Tysm for reading! I had a really really shit day today so writing a bit more of this definitely helped raise my mood. Hope you're all ok!)