Chapter 7: Awkward Conversations

The next couple of days passed, and Y/n eventually joined Gwen's team of Spider-people, aiming to save Miles and help him fight both the Prowler and The Spot. Y/n even ended up meeting Peter B. Parker and his daughter Mayday, but at the end of a stressful day of travelling and fighting, Peter asked to meet him on top of a building in Mumbattan, where they were last positioned as a team. The two of them sat calmly together, and Peter attempted to rock Mayday to sleep before starting the conversation in a hushed tone.

"So, I'm sure Gwen's already told you about the message..."

Y/n nodded.

"Ok... Honestly I wasn't expecting such a message to come up. After his short-lived rage and us going after Gwen, I'm surprised he didn't kick us out of the Spider Society," he chuckled, letting Y/n nod along until they were ready to speak.

"What happened? Why did he rage, and almost kick you from the Society?"

"It's a long story, but in short Miles interrupted a thing called a Canon Event, and because of that Miguel was angered and tried to warn him but it scared him away... and now he's trapped."

"Oh... but, why was he so concerned about Miles?"

"Yet again, it's a long story. But... let's just say that during an event some years ago he... lost his daughter. And as a result he's been frustrated ever since, desperate to fill the void in his heart, currently full of painful grief..."

"I-I'm sorry he had to go through that... is that partially why he set up the Society?"

"Dunno..."

A moment of silence ensued, but it wasn't long before it was interrupted by a hologram on Peter's watch.

It was Miguel.

"Peter, any luck finding the person I told you about?" He spoke in a tired, coarse voice.

"Oh, um, yeah! All safe and sound..." Peter replied, side-eyeing Y/n nervously.

"Good... and I hope you didn't tell them about the... other thing?"

"Nope, they have no clue..."

Y/n looked at Miguel's hologram, then at Peter.

The 'other thing'?

The hologram call ended, and Peter slowly and nervously looked at Y/n, who looked at him in confusion.

"So, what about this 'other' thing?"