Let Me Go

• Dedicated to My Readers <3

Recap

"Please, just drive," I told the driver.

"Alright," he mumbled as the car started to move.

"Skylar!" Jai started to bang on the window of the taxi with tears streaming down his face, "I love you, Skylar. No, no, no! Please, don't leave me. Please don't."

I looked back as he tried to match the speed of the car but Luke tried to hold him back along with Beau's help.

"I'm so sorry Jai," I whispered, although I knew that he couldn't hear it.

Jai's POV

"W-where- where is she going?" I asked Luke after he forced me to sit on the sofa.

"C-" he paused, "Canberra."

"O-on holiday?" my hands clenched as I tried to stay calm.

He shook his head.

"For good?"

He slowly nodded. My hands gripped my head as I angrily pushed my hair back.

"Jai?"

"Now is not the time, Luke!"

"But Skylar, she-"

"I don't want to hear her name again?! Do you hear me?" I snapped.

Luke was taken back by it but nodded anyway.

I walked out of the living room and into the hallway grabbing a random coat hanging on the peg. I put it on, Luke saw me.

"Jai, where're you going?" Luke questioned.

"Out."

"You know we can still stop her... If we leave now," Luke mumbled. I froze.

"She wants to go. Let her!" I spat as I opened the door and walked out.

"Wait!" I turned back to see Luke holding an envelope, "She wanted me to give this to you."

He held out the envelope towards my chest.

"I don't want it."

"Jai, just-"

"I said I don't want it!" I hissed.

"Just fucking read it, Jai!" he pressed the envelope onto my chest before letting go of it, I quickly caught it.

"Fuck, Skylar! She can fucking leave if she wants but she can't expect me to fucking read this piece of bullshit!" I yelled as I started to rip the envelope into pieces and throwing it on the grass.

"Fuck you, Jai," Luke stormed off into the house, slamming the door behind.

WHAT IS UP WITH EVERYONE TODAY?!

It's like national hurt Jai day!

If you're so hurt then reading the letter won't do you anymore harm.

There's no point anyway, we're over.

There is a point. It could change the future. Do you really wanna look back in life and regret not reading the damn letter? Sitting at your lonely home thinking what if? What if I had read the letter? Would things be different?

OK! I'll read the fucking letter.

I groaned knowing my conscience won again. I picked up the torn bits of papers. I realised I had also torn a picture, I flipped the two pieces and joined it together. It was the picture Luke tweeted about, when 'Jylar' trends started. I know it's cliché but the picture was torn in half exactly through the gap that was left between our lips.