"You can't? Or you won't?"

• Dedicated to My Readers <3

Recap

"Jai, look, I don't think we should hang out..."

"W-What? Why?"

"I have to go. Please, Jai. If you know what's good for you stay away," she said quietly, before walking back to the group of boys who she's ditching me for.

I thought I got her back...

...But I only just lost her.

Jai's POV

"Jai, come quick!" Amy's voice rang in my ear.

"What!? Why?"

"It's Skylar," she breathed out.

I immediately got up and followed Amy into the hallway of our school. I think practically the whole school were here. They all made way for someone walking through the middle of the hallway. I pushed forward to see who it was. I jumped to get a glimpse of it.

Skylar.

Wait- SKYLAR?!

"SKYLAR!" I called out, her head turned back to see who addressed her. Her gaze stopped when it reached me, she gave me a small smile before carrying on walking.

"What's going on?" I asked a random person in my year who was next to me.

"I don't know but I heard that the teachers found alcohol in her locker and now she's being sent to the head teacher's," they mumbled.

Without saying thanks, I ran to the direction of the head's office; Skylar was sat down looking around but then Mr Blake, the head teacher, came and shut the door.

Damn.

Skylar's POV

"I'm so disappointed in you, Skylar," Mr Blake sighed as he finally sat down on his somewhat comfy chair.

"First uncompleted homework, disobeying teachers and insulting them, then the graffiti and now alcohol?"

I just sat silently not knowing what to say.

"This is too much, Skylar, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call your parents -" he muttered as he reached for the phone on the desk in front of us.

"NO- don't," I mumbled.

"I'm sure your parents would have no problem finding out about your behaviour here at Penola; this sort of behaviour inevitably leads to expulsion."

"No, it's not that..."

"Then what is it?"

"My parents are divorced... My dad lives in Canberra now..."

"Oh," he said with sadness, "Y-you never told me they got a divorce."

"Well I don't go around shouting that my parents got a divorce," I quietly chuckled.

"Skylar, could that be why you're misbehaving?" he asked concerned.

I shrugged looking down, "It was hard trying to do homework over the bickering, to go to sleep just to wake up miserable and angry. They lost interest in me, just as they have in each other, I suppose." 

I wiped the tears that was uncontrollably falling.

"Skylar, I'm sure your parents still love you-"

I shook my head, "No one loves me. No one could ever love me."

He stayed quiet for a bit, a bit taken back about what I had just told him but it wasn't long before he started to talk again, "Perhaps, an expulsion isn't necessary in your case. But, I'm still going to have to suspend you. And this will be your last suspension if you come here with any wrongdoings again, you will be expelled, Skylar. Do I make myself clear?"