27- Remember The Bad Part

I’d like to hang out with you for my whole life.
-
Taylor Swift, Stay Stay Stay

Ohio State, Bowling Green State, Ohio University, Shawnee State, Kent State, Wright State. There were so many colleges and universities in Ohio that could work out for me and they all look a lot better than the ones that I’ve checked out around here so far, which isn’t many considering I’m only about to be a senior so college scouting starts soon.

Ohio University is one of the biggest party colleges in the US, that might be fun.

But the point is, that when the time comes, I can go to college in Ohio and everything will be fine. We can get a couples dorm and everything. 

I continued to look over the newest website that was drenched in an overwhelming amount of red and gray like I have been doing on my free time for the past few days. This can work.

“Maggie.” Brendon’s voice called from the other side of the door.

“Yeah?” I called back.

“Evan’s downstairs.” He told me.

I frowned in confusion- we hadn’t made any plans today, not that I’m aware of. I frantically started running my fingers through my unfairly frizzy hair and then threw it into a pony tail as I shut my laptop and swung open my door. I was wearing sweats and a tank top- perfect lazy day outfit, but definitely not perfect hanging out with my boyfriend outfit.

Brendon was standing on the other side of my door, dressed with his keys in hand.

“Going somewhere?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

He chuckled with a soft smirk. “With how pissed your boyfriend looks downstairs? Yeah, I’m definitely not staying here.”

“Pissed?” I echoed in confusion.

Brendon laughed maniacally as he disappeared down the hallway and down the stairs. By the time I got downstairs, he was already out the front door and Evan was leaning against the couch with his arms crossed and a heavy frown on his face. Brendon was right- he did look pissed.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in a worried voice, hurrying towards him.

But when he heard me, his gaze snapped up at me and his eyes didn’t soften, if anything they hardened and his glare deepened. At that point, something was very clear to me. Evan wasn’t just pissed, but he was pissed at me. My heart suddenly started beating faster with what I could only distinguish as fear and anxiousness as I stopped dead in my tracks a few meters away from the angry Evan.

He’s never been mad at me before. We’ve never fought. Is that what’s going to happen? Are we about to have our first fight? Only a few weeks before he is due to leave? Oh, I really don’t want that to happen, I don’t want to fight with him. I don’t want him to be mad at me.

I didn’t know what to say, so I didn’t say anything, I just stayed silent and waited for him to tell me why he was here and why he was all angry looking.

“I was talking to Aaron earlier.” He finally spoke after an uncomfortable silence.

“Okay…” I said slowly, still not understanding where this was going.

“Who heard from Hanna her perspective on what happened at the mall.” Evan added.

“Oh.” I gasped in shock as my heart started shaking inside of me. This was bad, this was really bad. “Okay, at least let me explain, I-“

“You lied to me.” He snapped.

“Okay, yes, but-“

“What the hell, Maggie?” He growled. “I was hanging out with Aaron and then he’s telling me that he heard that you were attacked by Dennis at the mall. Of course, he assumed that I already knew because, like me, he thought that we told each other things. Especially things like this.”