12- Remember The Field

And there's no guarantee,
that this will be easy.
It's not a miracle ya need, believe me.
Yeah, I'm no angel, I'm just me,
but I will love you endlessly.
-The Cab: Endlessly

“I don’t think it’s healthy to feel the way I feel about a guy that I’ve only known for, what? Three weeks. It’s exactly three weeks today and I can’t stop thinking about him. Whenever I hear his name, it’s like an adrenaline rush. I feel it everywhere. Excitement and nerves and anxiety and happiness and fear.”

“Why are you afraid?”

“Because this is scary. It’s scary how I feel for him because I know that I can’t get rid of it no matter what- and I don’t want to. But I’m scared because I can’t control it at all. I lost all control of my feelings towards him the second he smiled at me that night at the fair. And just seeing him, I can’t stop smiling him. And kissing- we’ve only made out, nothing more, but it’s amazing- it’s perfect. It’s a weird feeling I’ve never felt before but it’s addicting. Oh my goodness, what the heck is happening to me?”

“Maggie.” Hanna said firmly, standing up from where she was sitting on my bed. “It took Juliet less than a day to confess her love to Romeo. In Dear John, it only took Savannah two weeks. Christian Grey purposed to Anastasia after a few weeks of being together. Just face it- you love him.”

Love. That word brought a lump into my throat, a large lump. I don’t know if it was good or bad, but it wouldn’t go away, so I just looked at Hanna. “Okay, Romeo and Juliet died, John and Savannah don’t end up together, and Christian and Anastasia’s relationship was basically sex- did you actually read that book?”

“Yes, didn’t you?” Hanna snorted before shaking her head as if refocusing her scattered thoughts. “Not the point here, Maggie. The point is that my best friend is in love.”

I opened my mouth to shut down her idea of “love” but when I do, my brain can’t find the words.

“When are you going to see him next?” She finally asked me when I didn’t respond.

“Today, he’s picking me up at three.” I breathed. “It’s too soon to use the L word… right?”

She shrugged. “That’s not what Juliet, Savannah, and Anastasia think.”

“But those are stories!” I wailed. “This is real life and I don’t know what it feels like to be in love.”

“On it.” Hanna chirped, typing away at my laptop.

“You’re Googling it, aren’t you?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

She smirked at me with a nod. “Yup. And I found a good one. Okay, I’ll just ask you the questions on here.”

“This is stupid, that’s just a website.”

“Do you blush or smile when you see him?” She asked, ignoring my comment. “Well, we both know that’s an obvious yes. Next question- Do you know everything about him?”

I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I think so.”

She smiled at me before looking back at the computer screen. “Good. Do you talk about him to your friends? Oh, goodness, yes!” Hanna giggled. “Do you understand each other?”

I smiled softly, remembering times when Evan have finished my sentences for me, and I him. “Yes, we do.”

“This is good, really good!” Hanna exclaimed. “Okay, do you spend a lot of time together?”

“Well, I’ve seen him every day for the past two weeks, so I’d say yes.”

“That’s five for five so far. Do you want to do anything and everything to make him happy?”