15- Remember The Shooting Star

It is the stars, The stars above us, govern our conditions.
-William Shakespeare

“Do I really have to go?” I whined to Hanna as she put her hair up in a high pony tail. She was wearing a rather short summer dress and flip flops, along with Marissa. However, I was only in a floral crop top that showed off a little bit of skin and white jean shorts.

“Yes, you really have to go, Miss I’m-not-a-virgin-anymore.” Hanna huffed.

I rolled my eyes at her. “Will you let that go? It’s been three days and you still won’t stop talking about it.”

“It’s only been two.” Marissa defended. “You did the deed on the second, told us on the third, and now it’s the fourth. So only yesterday and today count.”

I sighed heavily. “Okay, so two days. Can we drop it though?” I whined. These two girls have been teasing me about what had happened with Evan all day yesterday and today. I keep playing it inside my head again and again as well ; it was one night I surely won’t forget anytime soon.

“Okay, let’s go. It’s time to go.” Hanna insisted.

I groaned noisily as we all made our way out of Hanna’s bedroom and towards the front door. “I don’t wanna.”

“I know, but you gotta. It’s the Fourth of July, you have to go to the party. Are we picking your boyfriend up?” Hanna asked me as we got in her car, me in the passenger seat and Marissa in the back, thanks to winning a game of rock paper scissors.

“No, he’s driving with Aaron and Chris and I think Jeremy, from the team.” I replied, watching  out the window as we drove off towards the dreaded bonfire.

“He’s close with the guys now, huh?” Marissa observed.

I shrugged. “I guess. They hung out all day yesterday. It’s good for Evan, since he doesn’t know anybody here.”

“Aren’t you worried that Aaron is going to tell him stuff?” Hanna asked.

“What’s he going to tell him? Surely I’m not the topic of their conversations. Guys don’t talk about relationships like girls do.”

“Whatever you say.” Hanna sang teasingly.

The drive to the bonfire wasn’t long and soon enough, we’re parking the a sea of cars and making our way to the bonfire that was already in full swing. The fire was huge, towering over everybody who danced around it carelessly to the pounding rhythm. There were probably more people in this deserted meadow than at the lake party, and that’s saying something. Especially when the meadow wasn’t even half the size of the lake, so everybody was crammed together tightly with red Solo cups full of unknown alcohol.

“There’s the guys.” Hanna shouted over the music, pointing to a small group of guys that I recognized as Aaron, Chris, Evan, and some guys from the football team.

I smiled to myself when I saw Evan, just because he’s gorgeous and he’s all mine. We walked over to the crowd and I immediately wrapped my arms around Evan from behind and felt his shoulders shake with soft laughter as he craned his neck to see me and I stretched up, placing a soft “hello” kiss to his lips. This was the first time seeing him since that night since I hadn’t seen him all day yesterday or today.

“It’s about time you got here.” He teased.

“Sorry.” I sighed, moving to stand beside him and waving a hello to Aaron, Chris and their bonehead friends. “But Hanna.”

“Got it.” Evan chuckled. “Do you want something to drink?”

I shook my head and noticed that Evan was the only one in the circle who didn’t have a cup- and for that, I was incredibly grateful. “No, do you? I don’t drink.”