23- Remember Splash Mountain

Here together, friends forever. Some things were just meant to be, and that’s you and me.
-Winnie The Pooh

Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street. I swear, this place had everything important in life. Maybe I was acting like a little kid, but I didn’t care. And just as we embarked on our day’s adventure, I was overwhelmed with excitement of all the things that we could do. We could do anything! We could meet Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh and Goofy and Snow White and Mickey and EVERYONE.

“I think you need to calm down before you explode.” Evan laughed, holding my hand in his with Hanna on my other side, also engulfed in the excitement that was Disney World.

“Calm down?” I asked incredulously. “Evan, we just stepped foot into Disney World- it’s where dreams come true. There is no calming down.”

He chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes with his hand in mine, but I knew he was excited. Everyone was excited to be at Disney World, especially because we were an hour and a half away from any parents or adults of any sort and we were free to do whatever. This was an exciting day for everyone.

“Where should we go first?” Amy asked curiously as we all spent a long amount of time just looking around at all the magic working around us. It was mostly the girls who were captivated by the surroundings, and Aaron seemed to be amazing by a group of girls that had the Disney World staff shirts on as they walked by in short khaki shorts. .

I kept my mouth shut because there were too many options and I didn’t have the ability to only choose one of them. I just walked along while everybody else pondered the idea of where to go as my Converse sneakers padded along the cement walk way that was full of little kids and parents prepared to spoil their children rotten  all day long and turn them into princesses and princes.

I was wearing a tank top with a picture of Snow White and her prince as they kissed, dark jean shorts that I’d gotten at the Hollister in the mall, red Converse, and I had a black Vera Bradley bag over my shoulders to hold my money, sunglasses, camera, and anything else important. I even found a Tinker Bell iPhone case at the mall and it was currently encasing the phone in my pocket.

I was so ready for Disney World.

“We should go to Tomorrowland, I wanna go there first.” Chris said.

“Well, I want to go to Cinderella’s Castle.” Amy rebutted.

I sighed, along with Aaron, Marissa, Tanya, and Hanna- we all knew what was coming. It was a bickering argument featuring Chris and Amy that happened every once in a while because they were so sexually frustrated with each other and too stubborn to admit it. The tension was almost palpable between them, with the heated glares and the bickering, it’d be nice if they just admitted their feelings for each other already.

“We are not going to the castle. I want to ride Space Mountain.” Chris argued back.

“Guys!” Hanna snapped, thankfully stopping their bickering so that it didn’t grow into a migraine for all of us. “You two will never agree, so I’ll choose. Let’s go to Adventureland and ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.”

“I agree.” I chirped excitedly- you can’t go wrong with the Pirates of the Caribbean.

“Okay, well Adventureland is that way.” Evan said, pointing to the left after he inspected the map that was in his hand.

We all moved in that direction, away from the main entrance as my excited eyes bounced everywhere around the park to the costumes, the people, the buildings, the happiness that just floated in the air everywhere.