28. [The Date]

1596 words
[★★★★☆]

    Two days passed. It was Sunday and Alex had been in his bed the whole time. He couldn't think straight. It was the day he would have his first real date with Miles- and he was so excited. Alex had been waiting for a message since the whole evening and then.. it finally happened. He heard his phone vibrating and instantly lit up.

Mi
You're ready to come ❤️

Alex
Okay! Be there at the lake in 10 mins ❤️

Alex ran downstairs with a grin. "Hi mum! Hi dad! I'll be going. Bye!" Alex happily said and still with a smile that couldn't go away. His parents looked at each other, knowing. "Why all so excited?" Penny asked with a chuckle. "Ohh.. noooothing.. just that I will have my first real date with Miles and he invited me to picnic at the lake!!" Alex almost yelled of excitement. "That sounds really romantic! Have fun." Penny said, as her husband agreed with her.

    "Thank you!" Alex said and instantly left. Penny chuckled when he was gone. She was so happy for him. Miles was perfect for her son. "They're so sweet.." She said, looking at David who then nodded. "Yep.. never thought that he would get a boyfriend.. but now.. wow. Miles really is a great boy." He stated.

Meanwhile, Alex was getting closer and closer to the lake. With every step, he got more nervous. After another few minutes of walking, he could see Miles in the distance. "Miiiiles!" Alex yelled and waved at him. Miles turned around to see his boyfriend running towards him. "Hey Al.." Miles smiled, as the other boy finally reached him. Alex looked around to see what he had prepared for them. He sat down next to Miles on the blanket and shared a quick kiss.

Alex took another glance at the blanket. There were two plates for the two of them with cutlery. Another plate with sandwiches, as well as baguette. Another one was filled with strawberries and one with heart shaped cookies. There were also flowers and a small lit candle. Alex deeply wanted those flowers.. "Oh Miles.. wait.. I have me wallet with me- I can give you some pounds." Alex said and Miles raised an eyebrow. "For what?" He asked. "Well.. this must've been expensive..? A-And I can't just let you pay everything!" Alex stated and Miles facepalmed. "Al, there's no need for that." He chuckled and Alex looked at him, or rather stared.

"A-As long as you like it?" Miles asked, a bit worried. Alex still stared at him, not knowing how to express himself. He didn't quite listen what Miles had said, anyways. He was in his own dream world, fantasising about Miles. Alex was just so mesmerised by all this. He couldn't believe his luck. "Al? It's okay if you don't like this! Really! I'm s-sorry to disappoint you!" Miles said, extremely scared that Alex actually might not like it. His comment shook Alex out of his dreamy state. "What? No, Miles. Why would you think that? I love it. It's.. beautiful, Mi.. I.. this is.. wow.." Alex was even a bit speechless. "Okay.. Thank you, Al. I'm glad you like it!" Miles felt relieved and brightly smiled at him.

     Alex looked at him with a smile that said everything. You had to be absolutely blind to not see it. He was so in love. "Miles.. I'm the luckiest boy to have you. Yer so.. beautiful.. in every way. It's making me realise why I fell for ya in the first place. And I do not regret me decision." Alex said, making Miles really happy, even a bit emotionally. "Al.. stop it.. I'm gonna cry because of you." Miles said, suppressing some tears that were threatening to spill. This made Alex giggle. "No but.. honestly, Al. Thank you.. so much for everything. I'm also so happy to have you.. yer perfect to me." Miles added and leaned in, as well as Alex.

     They kissed passionately and slowly. Out of all the kisses they had, this was truly the most romantic one. It was beautiful for both. They broke it after a long time and just looked into each other's eyes, their foreheads touching. "I love you.. have I told you that before?" Miles asked, the smile still staying on. "Yes.. you have. And I love you. Have I told you that before?" Alex chuckled. "Yep.." Miles joined and gave him one more kiss.

"The flowers are for you by the way.." Miles randomly added. "Aw really?" Alex asked with a fat grin. Like Miles read his mind about him wanting them.. Miles nodded with a smile. "Now I feel bad, Mi.. you did all this for me. Let me repay you. I feel like I haven't done anything quite remotely like you have." Alex said.

"Oh.. no it's okay, Al. Y'know.. your beautiful written words.. they repay this." Miles said with a small chuckle. Alex smiled brightly, then remembered something. He wrote a song for him! "Miles! About that.. uh.. I actually wrote a song.. about you." Alex nervously said. "Oh really?" Miles asked with pink cheeks and Alex nodded. "It's called.. He's thunderstorms." He replied.

"Wow.. can I.. hear it the next time you guys play?" Miles questioned. "Of course!" Alex instantly said but then nervousness hit him. Was he going to like it? "Since we wanted to make this band thing serious anyway, why not tomorrow? I'll ask them.. tomorrow."Alex suggested, as his boyfriend nodded. Alex grabbed a cookie and took a bite. "Damn they're good." He mumbled. "Oh yeah? I actually made them.. and the sandwiches." Miles smiled. "What? You made them?! God Miles yer too sweet.. all this effort.." Alex said. "All for you, Al." Miles replied, earning a dreamy look from his boyfriend. He quickly kissed him before taking another bite of the cookie.

Both watched the sunset until the sun was gone. They talked the whole time and ate. It was a beautiful evening. The most beautiful day both ever had. After almost three hours, it unfortunately began to rain. Both were a bit sad that this picnic had ended but also so happy that it even happened. They packed everything and Miles walked Alex home in the rain. Actually, both found it kind of romantic to walk side by side, while the rain was slightly pouring down and seeing all the beautiful lights in the street.

Once they reached the Turner's home, they stopped in front of the door. Alex turned to fully face his boyfriend. Penny actually noticed them through the window. She was waiting the whole time, scared that something might've happened to them since they've been gone for so long. "Miles, this was so beautiful. Thank you so so for much." Alex smiled brightly at Miles. "Of course, Al.. I love you." Miles said in a soft voice. "I love you too." Alex replied and cupped his boyfriend's cheeks and smashed his lips into his. Miles returned it, both not letting go of each other, as they smiled into the kiss. They chuckled to themselves.

"Bye, me love." Miles said and turned around to leave. "Bye. Please be careful, Mi!" Alex yelled after him. Miles nodded at him and then, he was out of sight. Alex had the biggest grin and looked into the distance for a few seconds. Penny watched them the whole time with a smile until she could hear the door opening. She quickly went into the kitchen. "Hey mum! I'm home!" Alex yelled and Penny joined him.

"Hey, sweetie." Penny smiled at him. "How was it?" She added. David heard them talking and joined, as he greeted his son. "It was sooo great! Miles is so breathtaking.. god I love him to the moon and back." Alex dreamily smiled, as he threw himself onto the couch and closed his eyes. "Aww.. is someone lovesick?" Penny chuckled. Alex didn't answer because he didn't really listen. All he thought about was Miles. "Hey, don't fall asleep here now." David said.

"Huh? Oh yeah right.." Alex replied and left for his room. He laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. The boy fell asleep pretty quickly, his thoughts being occupied by Miles. But honestly, Miles was no different. When he finally reached his home, Pauline noticed the huge grin on his face. "I'm assuming he liked it?" His mother asked and Miles nodded.

"That's nice to hear." She said. "Mum, he's just so.. amazing.. he's the best.. I love him so much." Miles mumbled, receiving a small laugh from Pauline. However, Miles didn't quite realise that his father was there too. Luckily, he actually seemed to mean it about Alex and Miles proving him different.. about how boy and boy did indeed work, as well as girl and girl. "That's.. nice to hear, son." His father cleared his throat awkwardly. Miles smiled at him.

"Thank you.." He said and a smile appeared on his father's mouth, as he nodded. "Hey, I'll go into my room.." Miles added and left. When he was gone, Pauline turned to her husband. "Honey, I'm really glad that you're okay with them.." She said. "I have to.. uh admit.. that I think it's actually pretty sweet how he talks about Alex.." He replied.

"Yes it is indeed." She agreed and gave him a small kiss on the lips. In the meantime, Miles threw himself onto his bed and closed his eyes, his thoughts all being about Alex. What a beautiful evening that was..