25.[Standing Next To Me]

1853 words
[★★★★☆]

    The next days were great. Alex was so happy with everything he had, just as Miles was. However, Miles still was a bit scared to make a wrong move. He wanted to respect Alex's wish. Besides, Alex was really distracted by his friends and his boyfriend. He wasn't all that sad anymore because of Alexa. They texted whenever they could and also called a few times. Surely, it wasn't quite like Alexa was there face to face, but it was something.

    The five boys also really warmed up to Andy, the exchange boy. He was really nice and always hung out with them. He would tell the boys about how different the American school is from the British. It was pretty interesting. "Soo.. you guys free today?" Matt asked. "Maybe some uh.. band practice once in a while again..? We didn't play I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor once.." He added carefully. "Oh uh.. Miles and I actually wanted to.. meet up to.. y'know, maybe write some songs together.. w-were actually working on this.. uh side project. The Last Shadow Puppets." Alex explained and received different looks.

     Andy seemed amazed. However, Jamie and Nick were just looking at each other, trying to suppress a laugh. "What's the songs about? You two shagging?" Jamie asked, not able to control his laughter, as Nick joined him. Miles and Alex were suddenly so quiet.
"I'm sorry but we barely do anything together, Alex.. since you've.. uh.. been together with him.." Matt rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. Was he jealous?

    "N-Not necessary we two but.. we all together, Al.. we haven't had band practice in 2 weeks!" Matt added and crossed his arms. "Sounds like yer jealous." Jamie said, raising an eyebrow. "Oh Matthew, sorry." Alex apologised. He didn't want to make Matt feel neglected. "Y'know.. I'm just saying-.. speaking facts.. I ain't jealous." Matt replied and well- kinda lied. "No yer right. We need to spend more time together outside of school." Alex smiled at him whose expression softened.

"Okay but uh-.. let's just not repeat what we did last time.." Matt nervously chuckled, as everyone thought back to that incident, except for Andy who wasn't there. "Hey uh.. could I join you? I'd like to see you play.. y'know I actually play bass." Andy said. "Sure! Miles always watches too." Alex smiled at him. "Oh you play bass? That's cool! I'm the bassist in our band." Nick commented. It was nice to hear someone else who played bass.

"Nice. Bass is best." Andy slightly chuckled, earning a nod from Nick. "Absolutely." He replied, joining his laughter. "Ah no. Drums is best." Matt corrected then, receiving two frowns. Miles and Alex only looked at each other. "Please, we all know that guitar is best." Jamie said, rolling his eyes. Miles and Alex kept glancing at each other, signalling the other a 'god help what is this' look for fun. Then they suddenly bursted into laughter, as everyone else looked at them. "What about.. tomorrow?" Alex then asked, changing the topic. "Oh yes!" Matt agreed with a bright smile, as their friends nodded.

Then, Alex noticed Noah a few meters next to him. The older boy was glaring at Alex but didn't seem to be about to make dumb comments. "Seems like he's too much of a pussy now to say anything." Matt laughed, while watching Noah directly walking walking past them. He only scoffed at them, as he frowned. This made Alex brightly smile. Was it finally over? "Who's that?" Andy asked.

"A total dickhead.. he always bullied Al. He even punched him once." Miles replied and Andy seemed angry. "What the hell?" He frowned. "I don't understand what's wrong with some people. Honestly. Al, you're great." He added, then thought about what he had said. "Wait can I call you Al?" He carefully asked. "Oh sure." Alex chuckled. "And thanks by the way.." He added with a genuine smile, receiving a nod from Andy.

[★★★★☆]

"I really love how Time Has Come Again turned out." Alex said to his boyfriend who grinned at him, whilst nodding. "Yes! Let's make some songs where we're both singing, though! I bet our voices perfectly fit together." Miles said. "Yep!" Alex smiled with a small chuckle.