4. [Skipping Class]

2463 words
[★★★★☆]

Alex put on Miles' jacket and made his way downstairs. "Does my boy have a secret lover? Whose jacket is that?" Penny chuckled when she saw him. "N-no! It's Miles'.. Pauline gave it to me yesterday cause it was cold outside." Alex explained himself with red cheeks. Since Alex instantly ran upstairs after he arrived the day before, his mother only noticed it then.

   "I gotta go now.." He added and left through the door without giving her a chance to say anything else. Alex walked towards the bus stop and noticed that Miles was already there. He approached him and Miles looked at him with a smile. "Here, your jack-.." Alex was about to take the jacket off but got interrupted by Miles, "Keep it. It looks good on ya.. I have enough jackets." He softly said, making Alex blush.

   "Yer.. sure?" Alex asked and Miles nodded without another word. "Thanks.." Alex mumbled and looked onto the ground. He didn't expect that but he'd lie if he said that he didn't want to keep the jacket.

[★★★★☆]

Once they arrived at school, the other boys were already there, waiting at the bench where they always hung out. "Nice to see ya again, Nick." Alex greeted him, who smiled back. "Yeah, figured I can't let ya guys alone without me." Nick joked a bit. Alex chuckled but then noticed someone behind Nick, Jamie and Matt. Alexa. "Excuse me.." Alex ran off to her.

"Alexa!!" He yelled, as she turned around and waved at him. "Hi." She said, as he finally was close enough. "The diary!" Alex ignored her greeting. He was too focused on getting the diary back. "Oh right.." Alexa grabbed into her rucksack and got his diary out. She gave it to him. "Thank you." Alex thanked her. "You didn't read it, did you?!" He added, panicking a bit. The girl didn't want to lie. She hated it but there was no other choice, was there? "N-no.." She sounded so unconvincing that even Alex didn't believe it. His eyes went wide open, signalling Alexa that he wasn't convinced of her lie.

"Al, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I swear. The pages were open when I found it on the ground. I picked it up and.. just got lost in beautiful words." Alexa explained herself. She was scared he would hate her after that. In the meantime, the other boys looked at Alexa and Alex. "What is he up to?" Jamie wondered. "He said that she found his diary.. that's probably why he ran so fast." Miles informed.

   "He was so.. scared about not having it with him. He didn't want to say what was in there to make it so important.. well, I mean- it's none of my concern, anyway." Miles added and Matt snorted. "Probably some love stuff about someone." He said, not speaking his thought out loud that the person he was talking about was Miles. "D'you think that? About.. her maybe?" Miles asked, slight sense of worry in his voice.

   "Huh? Nah.." Matt chuckled and Nick and Jamie both joined because they knew what- or rather who Matt was thinking about. Miles raised an eyebrow at them.

   "Alexa, it's n-not what you think it is..  I-I.. Miles' just a friend, y'know?" Alex said but Alexa shook her head. "Don't lie to yourself, Al. It's okay if you're gay. I'll respect and help you." She sweetly spoke but he tried to talk her out of it. "N-no.. I'm not.. uh.. gay. And I still like y-you!" He knew it wouldn't help. "You may be bi then but you'd still choose him over me, right? So stop trying to lie." She said. Indeed, he was bi. And he meant it when he said he liked her. But it wasn't the same thing as with Miles.

   Alex kept his mouth shut. He looked onto the ground and nodded. "Just please don't tell anyone.." He mumbled and she smiled to reassure him. "Of course I won't. Let me know if you need help, alright?" Alex nodded again and sighed. "Y'know.. The page I.. uh.. read wasn't a happy one about him.. is everything alright with you two?" She offered herself as someone to talk to. She figured since it was a big deal with him liking another boy that, by the way he behaved, he didn't tell anyone else.