5. [Sleepover]

2133 words
[★★★★☆]

    "Alexander! Why did your music teacher just call me and told me that you were skipping class?!" Penny sounded really angry. Alex started panicking. How did she know? " What?! I-.. mum, I'm sorry. I uh.. I wasn't feeling well.." Alex said. He wasn't lying, though. "If that is so, why were you in class again in physics after music?" Penny crossed her arms with a frown. "Mum, I.. it's because of Miles.. W-We got in a fight and uh.. I figured that he was angry at m-me and didn't want to see me.."  Alex explained himself.

   "How is that a reason to not face him?" Penny wondered. How was Alex supposed to answer on that? He couldn't just say he was into Miles and that's why he was so hurt by his behaviour. "It's.. complicated.." Alex mumbled. "Do tell, though." Penny answered. "No.. mum, please. You don't and wouldn't understand." Alex said with a sad expression.

   Penny noticed this and sighed. "Okay whatever.. but don't ever skip again." She said and Alex nodded. Then, Penny left his room again and closed the door. Alex figured that Noah's one friend told his teacher that he was skipping class. He was in the same year as Alex. He thought about Miles again and took his diary out and thought of some words.

Been wondering if your heart's still open and
If so I wanna know what time it shuts
Simmer down and pucker up
Im sorry to interrupt its just I'm constantly
On the cusp of trying to kiss you
I dont know if you feel the same as I do
But we could be together, if you wanted to

Maybe he could turn it into a song one day? He looked at the clock to see it's 2pm. The lads would be there at circa 4pm. It was a long time to go. Suddenly, someone knocked. "Al, you have a pretty visitor." It was his mother again. Alex quickly shut his diary and looked at the person behind Penny. Miles. He walked past Penny who then left and closed the door behind them. "Hey Al, I figured I'd come earlier.. I dunno. I hope it's okay." Miles informed with a smile.

   Alex smiled back and nodded. "Of course!" He said, as Miles sat down next to him on his bed. They looked at each other, before Miles yawned. "Ugh.. I had such a bad sleep." He muttered and laid down. Alex carefully watched him, as Miles closed his eyes. Alex was so mesmerised by the other boy. He once again looked at his lips. He just wanted to jump onto him and give him a thousand kisses everywhere.

   "You're staring.." Miles smiled, still with closed eyes. How did he know? Alex quickly looked away, as he felt his face go warm. "N-no.." He said, making Miles laugh. "You're cute." He said through some laughs, as he opened his eyes to look at him. Alex felt his heart beating like crazy. Miles, the guy he was madly in love with, just called him cute? Alex looked at a random spot on the ground, completely flustered.

   Miles stood up and ran towards Alex's acoustic guitar. He picked it up and started playing a Beatles song, as he sang the words to it. Alex watched him and was once again amazed by him. Miles had been playing the guitar for a longer time than Alex, who was still trying it out a bit. He looked at him with a big grin on his face. You'd have to be absolutely blind to not realise what his face meant. After Miles was done, Alex applauded for fun and Miles played along, bowing and saying thanks.

[★★★★☆]

   "By the way, ya got along with Jameh again?" Alex asked. "No.. I couldn't ask him yesterday. Our music teacher wanted to talk to me and then, Jamie was already gone." Miles informed him with a fake smile. After music, they had physics but Jamie wasn't in that class. Miles was worried that Jamie wouldn't accept his apology. "Ah okay.. Mi, don't worry. He won't be mad." Alex reassured him, who flashed a smile back.