Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Valerie?" someone says and she slowly opens her eyes and sees Shay standing at her side, with tears in her eyes.

"Shay?" she whispers. Valerie was shocked because she thought her voice would be louder. Shay said nothing but hugged Valerie as tight as she could. Valerie flinched of course because her wounds hurt, her whole body hurt but she lets it be.

"She's awake!" Shay screams and both Ed and Natasha come running in.

"Oh good lord," Ed says with tears in his eyes as she gave them both a small smile.

"Valerie, I thought we would never see you again," Natasha says and she looks at her surprised.

"You fell down, unconscious at the warehouse. We brought you here as soon as possible but the bleeding was too much. You went into a shock. You weren't responding to any medications and the doctors were trying for hours but they couldn't wake you up. Then your heart stopped beating so they used the defibrillator and started doing CPR but you still wouldn't respond but then all of a sudden, you woke up. They were happy to see you breathing on your own but you fell unconscious again. They had to revive you, perform the surgery and here we are," Natasha says and she just looks at her.

"I saw mom, dad, grandma and grandpa," she says looking at Ed and he was shocked.

"I woke up in this strange place and there they were. I even met my siblings. They looked so old," she says and Ed sat next to her and held her hand.

"Spencer and Jason," she says and she heard Ed repeating the names.

"Your mom loved the name Spencer and your dad loved the name Jason," he says smiling.

"Spencer had dad's hair while Jason had mom's and they both had bright blue eyes. They were 10. Mom, dad, grandma and grandpa, they all looked the same. I wanted to go with them but they said that it wasn't my time and as I hugged mom once last time I opened my eyes," she says and Ed was wiping away his tears.

"They said that they had been watching me. That they had been always by my side. I saw them in the room where I was getting operated," she says and Ed smiles.

"Dad asked me to tell you that they miss you and called you slugger and told that he'll be watching over," she says and Ed was weeping now because her dad always called him slugger.

"We'll give you some space," he says looking at Natasha and Valerie as they both kept looking at each other. Shay followed him out.

"I- I wanted to leave with them you know?" she asks and Natasha nods, sitting on the seat next to her.

"But they told me that you loved me. That I should come back for you," she says and Natasha holds her hands as she cries.

"I do love you Valerie. I have loved you ever since I laid my eyes on you at the bar," she says and she smiles.

"I love you too. I was too scared to say something because this was the first time I had loved someone and I was scared," she says and Natasha got up and kissed her, softly. She kissed her back. This felt right, to the both of them.

"I wish I told this to you way before," Natasha says and she smiles.

"Well, now you've told me and that's all that matters," Cynthia says holding her cheek with her bandaged arm. She had gotten stitches on her head, arm, palm and head while she got a sling for her left arm and got her forehead bandaged.

She knew that she had a huge bruise on her cheekbone and she must have had more bruises all over her body because it hurt her.

"John is dead," she says and she looks at her.

"Andrew is here to see you," Natasha says and Valerie sighs. She took that as a 'yes' and called him in. Andrew walked in with a bouquet of flowers and he didn't like seeing Natasha holding Valerie's hand.

"How are you feeling?" he asks looking at Valerie.

"My whole body hurts. But I would say, I'm doing better than being dead," she says and Natasha stared at her.

"Come on, that's funny," she says.

"Not funny if you are there waiting on the other side of the door, hoping you would've said all those things. Not funny," Natasha says and Valerie laughs and kisses her, much to Andrew's annoyance.

"I'm just here to apologize for my father's actions. He broke yours and your family's trust. He shouldn't have done that," he says and Valerie nods.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for cheating on you, lying to you and for raising my hand on you. I'm sorry for trying to get you killed. I'm sorry," he says and Valerie takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that your father was a monster and I'm sorry for killing him in front of you," she says and he nods.

"So you are gay?" Andrew asks and Valerie looks at him surprised.

"No Andrew. I don't want labels. I had feelings for you and now I've fallen for Natasha," Valerie says and Natasha smiles widely.

"Just get better Cynth- Valerie," he says leaving the bouquet on the couch nearby and walks up to her, gives her a kiss on her forehead and walks out. Valerie looks at Natasha in confusion.

"Why was he so nice?" she asks and Natasha laughs.

"Hey, people change," Natasha says and she nods.

"But he-, never mind," Valerie says brushing it away.

"Everything's better now Val. You can relax," Natasha says squeezing Valerie's hand and Valerie smiled as she leans in to kiss Natasha.