Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Cynthia and Andrew," a man named Peter says greeting them as they sat down in front of him. Peter was in their office early in the morning for his business.

"So, what is that that you need Peter?" Andrew asks and Peter tells them how their rival company was threatening them of revealing their secrets, in exchange for their company's complete ownership.

"And what do you want us to do about it, Peter?" Cynthia asks and Peter looked at her like she was mad but looking at her's and Andrew's expression, he apologised.

"I want you to silence them," he says and Cynthia moves back.

"What do we get in this?" she asks and Peter thinks.

"I'll give you how much ever money you want," he says and Cynthia shakes her head.

"No Peter, we have enough of it. We have enough money. We need power," she says and Peter squints his eyes at her.

"What do you mean?" he asks and Cynthia smirks knowing she was in charge now.

"Half ownership of your company," she says and Peter stood up abruptly and he was visibly mad.

"Are you out of your mind? How are you different from him then? I will kill you if you don't do this," Peter says furiously and he raised a gun to her head, causing her guards to raise their guns to his head.

"Peter, Peter, you aren't very smart, are you? You come to our area and threaten us? Do you have a death wish?" Cynthia asks in her coolest tone and Peter slowly puts his gun down but the guards didn't. One look from Cynthia and they put it down.

"You will give us half of your company's ownership, well let's make it 49% considering all the times you actually been nice to us and since we are kind, we will silence your rivals, forever," he says and Peter looks at Andrew.

"You heard her," he says and Peter sighs and nods.

"Great, then we'll see you after we have silenced them. And Peter do we need to remind you what would happen to you if you don't stay on your word?" Cynthia asks and Peter shakes his head fearfully because he knew what would happen.

"Good," Andrew says and Peter walks off, wiping his sweat off his face because he had come so close to death and he was happy that he was leaving here unharmed.

"I'll go meet him personally," Cynthia says standing up and walks out of the room and goes into her apartment to get ready to meet Kurt.

"Ms. Salazar, it's so nice to meet you," Kurt, Peter's rival says as Cynthia enters his office. She had personally decided to meet him and ask him to back off because Peter agreed to follow her command.

"I wouldn't say the same if you knew why I am here," she says sitting down on the seat opposite to his. Cynthia was dressed in her business outfit. A black pant with a matching blazer and a colourful shirt underneath it along with her heels.

Cynthia had a great sense of fashion. She liked to do everything in style and today her outfit choice represented power and business. She looked like a normal woman who was here for a deal but she could snap his head if he defies her and walk out like nothing happened.

"Enlighten me please," he says and she crosses her legs and leans back. Her body guards were waiting outside on her command because she could take care of Kurt alone.

"Peter Sullivan," she says and he leans back and laughs.

"That loser?" he asks.

"Careful, the loser you speak about is under our protection and if it was me in your place, I would co-operate and leave him alone or you fill out the gap," she says but he still laughs.