Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Valerie?" someone says and she opens her eyes. She was surprised to be surrounded by complete white light. There were no walls or anything. It was just glowing white. She looked at herself and she looked extremely pale and she was glowing too.

"Am I dead?" she asks and her voice echoed.

"No," someone says and she turns around to find her family standing behind her. She ran over to them and hugged them tight. They held onto her tight. She could feel their touch and she was crying now.

"I missed you all so much," she says and they all smile.

"Valerie, baby?" Louise says and Valerie looks at her. She looked so young, like she hadn't aged a day ever since she had died.

"Baby, meet your siblings. ," she says and a girl with bright blue eyes and blonde hair and boy with bright blue eyes and brown hair walks out and smiles at her. They were both 10 years old.

"Spencer and Jason," she says kneeling down and they hug her tight. She missed them so much. She was crying.

"You both look just like I imagined you to be," she says and they smile. Spencer had her dad's blonde hair and Jason had his mom's dark hair.

"We miss you Valerie," Spencer says and she smiles, holding their cheek and kisses them.

"I thought, I would never see you again," she says and her dad puts his hand on her shoulder and she stands up. Her siblings hold her hand, tight, not wanting to let go.

"What is this place? Am I dead?" she asks once again and her grandma smiles.

"Valerie, no you are not dead. This place is somewhat in the middle of death and life," she says and she looks at them confused.

"You are fighting for your life back on Earth baby. Your soul is here, meeting us," she says and Valerie nods.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want any of you to die for me," she says and they all smile.

"Valerie, don't blame yourself. We all die eventually. Ours was unexpected, that's it," her grandfather says.

"But-," she says and her dad holds her cheeks.

"Mi amor, we are in a happy place now," he says and tears roll down her cheek.

"I just miss you all so much," she says and her dad wipes it off.

"We are so proud of you, mi hija. We have watched you grow into such a powerful young woman," he says and she looks into her dad's eyes.

"You've watched me?" she asks and they nod.

"We've watched every little step of yours," her mom says.

"We all love what you did with Shay. You took her in and gave her the love and security she needed," her grandmother says and they all nod.

"We are so proud of the woman you have turned out to be, Querida. You have made us and all of family very proud. You have kept your promises and honored so many more," her dad says and she looks at him and smiles.

"I wish we had more time," her mom says and she looks at them confused.

"What do you mean? I'm coming with you," she says.

"No baby, you belong back on Earth," her mom says and she shakes her head.

"No. I belong wherever you are. I don't want to live without you," she says and her dad looks at her.

"Mi hija, it's your choice if you want to go back or come with us but it's not your time yet," he says and she shakes her head.

"I want to come with you," she says.

"Querida, you are stronger than this. You have people back on earth who love you just the same," her grandfather says.

"For Shay, you are the only one left for her. She loves you so much that it'll break her heart. She has no one else in this world that cares for her. Ed is keeping all his hopes on you. He got his life back just after knowing you were safe. And Natasha? That girl loves you. She loves you so much. You need to go for them," he says and she was surprised.

"It's not your time yet baby. You are stronger than you think. You still have a wonderful life ahead of you. We are so proud of you," her mom says and she looks at her siblings. She sat down and gave them both a big hug and gave everyone a hug.

"Tell Ed that we miss him and tell that slugger that we'll be watching," her dad says and she nods.

"I love you all so much," she says and they smile.

"We love you too. We'll be waiting for you here and we'll be by your side forever," her grandmother says and she nods.

"Bye mi amor," he dad says giving her a kiss on her head.

"Good bye baby, take care," her mom says kissing her cheek followed by her siblings and grandparents.

"Baby, it's time to go," her mom says and hugs her. As Valerie closed her eyes and held her back, her eyes were forced open, almost involuntarily and took a big gasp and she looked around and saw so many masked faces looking down at her.

They seemed to be relieved. They were shouting bunch of orders at each other and they were running everywhere trying to do what they were assigned. Valerie just lies back down and let's tears fall down her face.

Because she remembered everything she saw. She felt as if her mom was still hugging her. For a split second, she saw her family standing in the same room as her and she gave a smile and soon, she drifted to unconsciousness once again.