Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"What do you mean you killed him?" Andrew asks raising his voice at her.

"I mean, I sliced his throat open," Cynthia replies.

"We were supposed to protect him," he says and she stares at him.

"He raped an innocent girl. Did you know about that?" she asks furiously.

"Yes," he says and she was shocked.

"You knew and you decided to help him? What kind of a person are you?" she asks looking at him disgustedly.

"I am a man who keeps his promise," he says walking up close to her.

"And I am a woman who keeps her promise," she says walking up closer to him too.

"Why don't you just follow the instructions I give you Cynthia? Is it so hard to do so without disrespecting me?" he asks.

"I didn't mean to disrespect you," she says as he moves back.

"Why did you even want to help them? They didn't even pay you and he gave us millions," he says turning back to look at her.

"Money doesn't matter Andrew. He killed a girl. An innocent girl," she says.

"How is that different from what you did?" he asks.

"Because I didn't kill someone who was innocent. He deserved it," she says and he walks up closer to her and stares into her eyes.

"You should have heard her recordings. She kept begging him but he didn't stop," she says.

"And I had to take matters into my own hands since no one seemed to care about the grief their parents went through and the pain the girl had to go through. You didn't care either," she says and out of nowhere, Andrea lifted his arm up and slapped Cynthia right across her face.

She just stood there, too shocked to do anything. He held her jaw, almost lifting her off the ground and dug his nails into her cheek. He pulled her closer and she could see the fury in his face.

"I am tired of you not doing anything I ask you to do. I am the boss!" he says making his grip tighter.

"You will do as I say," he says throwing her to the ground.

"You want to know why I have been cheating on you with Jennifer?" he asks and she just stared at him.

"It's because she looks at me like I'm her partner, not her slave. She listens to me and cares about me. She acts like my partner, more than you ever had," he says.

"I am not here to make you feel good about yourself. That is not my job to make you feel like a man," she says and he sits down to her level and slapped her once more. He slapped her so hard that she could hear ringing in her ears.

"But it's my job to boost yours, isn't it?" he asks holding her hair and pulling her head closer to him.

"No one respects me anymore because of you. Because you don't respect me. You think so high of yourself. You should maybe do more womanly things rather than doing my job," he says and she pushes his hand away and tackled him.

She was now sitting on top of him with his left hand pinned to his side. He was on his stomach with his right hand twisted behind him painfully. She held his leg behind and it looked painful too.

"You should not have raised your hand on me," she says pushing her hand closer to his neck and he tries getting out of her grip but he failed.

"But let's be clear - the problem with our relationship isn't my dominant personality. It's that you are a coward. If you insecure about yourself, you shouldn't blame me for it. You gave up on us. It's not my job to make you feel like a man. I can't make you something you're not," she says glaring into his eyes.

"All the months you've been in my life, you have done nothing but hold me back. You don't even give me credit for the shit I do for you because you are scared that people will start respecting and recognizing me more than they do you," she says taking away her hand from his neck.

"I am done working for you and your pathetic little group. You can go boost your ego with that whore," she says getting up from top of him and he sits up too.

As she turns around to walk away, she turned around and walked up close to him.

"I almost forgot something," she says and without giving him a heads-up, she punched him square in the face, twice and moved back, grunting in pain and blood squirting out of his broken nose.

"That is what you get for thinking you can get away with hitting me, Motherfucker!" she says screaming and then kicked him in his balls where he fell down, curled into a ball and starts crying in pain.

She walks out of his office as everyone watched. They had seen everything that happened inside the room and they were surprised. She went to her office, put all of her things in two boxes and James without saying anything went up to her, picked up another box and walked out with her.

Jennifer was watching from the side and Cynthia spotted her.

"Oh Jennifer, make sure you wear a scarlet letter on your chest," she says grinning widely and Jennifer stared.

"I am with him. He chose me," she says and Cynthia laughs.

"My coffee is on my table," Cynthia says.

"How is that relevant?" she asks.

"Oh, I thought you liked my left over's. Thought you might need it," she says and some laughed at the back.

"Fuck you," Jennifer says and Cynthia smiles.

"Nah, sorry. I'm busy," she says walking away giving Jennifer the middle finger.

"You can go now James," she says and he looks at her. They had reached her car.

"Cynthia. I work for you and you only. You leave, I leave. I go wherever you do," he says and she smiles.

"And I would not want to work with a man who protects a rapist andraises his hands on a woman. My parents thought me better," he says and shesmiles. He opens the door for her and closes it after her and they drive away.