Crosswinds only part

( Sighs )
Olive: Frozen waffles. This is bad.
Cal: They still taste good.
Olive: She's in a dark place.
Cal: She misses Dad. ( Toaster pops ) Don't you?
Olive: Of course.
Grace: Here you go. A little bit crispy, but nothing some extra maple syrup won't hide.
Olive: Thanks, Mom. Yeah, I've got to go. I have this, like, study thing before school. See ya. Bye Ally
Ally: bye Ollie
Grace: Oh.
Cal: Why can't Dad come home?
( Door opens and closes )
(Ally looks up from her plate)
Ally: I want daddy
Grace: He just needs some time to take care of some things. And we agreed that it'd be best to do them while he was living with your Auntie Mick.
Don't eat that.
How about smoothies on the way to school?
Cal: Sure.
Ally: no I want daddy
Grace: ally I'm sorry honey but no
Ally: I don't care I want daddy, daddy, daddy , dadddyyy
(The young girl yells with all her might)
Grace: Alison stop
(Grace half yells at the small child ally gets up and runs off)
Cal: I'll check on her mom don't worry
Grace: thank you cal but also remember to get ready for school
Cal: yup
(Cal gets up and walks up to allys room to see the young girl no where to be seen he looks around and his eyes catch the small opening on the wardrobe he walks over and slides open the door to revel the young girl crying with her knees up to her chest holding onto the bear cal holds onto his iPad as he sits down beside his sister and puts a arm around her)
Cal: it's ok ally
Ally: cal I want daddy
Cal: I want dad too but we just have to be strong ok
Ally: ok
(Ally hugs more into her brother cal pulls up his iPad and goes onto the messages with Ben)
Cal: ally dads going to come over later see I messenged him he knows that we miss him
Ally: really
Cal: don't tell mom though ok
Ally: I won't 
(Cal gets up and walks out but stops to wait for his little sister to come out he takes her by the hand and walks down stairs)

Grace: Oh... hi. Hi.I thought I had them today.
Ben: Uh, Cal and ally asked me to come . I figured he told you.
Grace: Oh. No.
Cal: Dad!
Ben: Hey, buddy. ( Chuckles ) How was school?
Cal: Good.
Ally: Daddy!
Ben: hey princess how are you
Ally: I'm good daddy I missed you a lot-
Cal: Uh, come on. I've been working on my shot.
(Allys on the steps watching her dad and brother)
Ben: Almost. Use your legs.
Cal: Why won't Mom let you come home?
Ben: Mom's not keeping me away, buddy. There's just things I got to take care of. Things to keep us all safe.
Cal: I know. But why can't you do any of that here?
Ben: I wish I could, buddy.
Hey. Ally come here a sec
(Ally walks over to her dad as he knees in front of cal and her)
Mom and I both love you two a ton. Two tons.
( Chuckles )
Cal: Two tons of love weighs the same as two tons of rocks. So basically, you're crushing me and ally . ( Laughs )
Ben: You want to crush this ball?
Cal: Yeah.
Ben: Crush it. Crush it!
(Cal gets the ball in and ally jumps up and down clapping while giggling ben puts cal and picks up ally throwing her up into air catching her and bring cal into a hug)

Grace: Tonight is gonna be something that everybody needs.
( Footsteps descending )
Grace: Did I hear the doorbell?
Hi. Danny. Um... this is not a good time.
Olive: No, no. It's all good, okay? I invited him over. Just for dinner. I made meatloaf.
Grace: Olive.
Danny: Grace, she's worried about you. I am too.
Grace: No. We're not having this conversation. Not now. Not in front of her. I think you should go.
Olive: I don't want him to go.
Grace: Olive, this is a family matter.
Grace: What the hell, Mom?! Danny is family! ( Door slams )
Grace: Olive!
(Cal sits near the bottom of the stairs holding onto his little sister messaging there father)
(Ben arrives)

( Door opens )
Ben: Hey. I got your text. What's wrong?
Grace: You are not a grown-up, Olive.
Ben: Mom and Olive?
Olive: You're not acting like one.
Danny: Olive, you can't talk to your mother like that.
Ben: Hey. What are you doing here?
Danny: I-I was invited.
Ben: Really? 'Cause it doesn't look like a happy reunion.
Grace: Ben, it's fine.
Ben: It's not. I am not dead anymore. I am right here. And why does he get to be in my house with my children?
Danny: You are the whole reason this family is messed up. I'm trying to pick up the pieces.
Grace: Ben!
Olive: Stop! All right? I invited him! It's my fault.
Grace: No, no, this is not your fault. This is not your fault. From the moment that plane landed,
(Cal and ally walk in cal has his arm around ally making sure she's ok)
you wanted to walk back into this family like no time had passed. And I get that, because for you, it hadn't. And you wanted the family that we had built. And I don't know what I want. But no matter what I do, I'm the bad guy, and I'm tired of it.
Olive walks over to cal and ally and picks ally up and with her other arm pulls cal in)
So we're not doing this.
Danny: I understand. I-I'll leave.
Ben: No, no, no. I'll... ♪ ♪ I'm sorry. I never really understood until now. I only thought about how much you got back, not... not what you lost. Olive wants you here.
Olive: No. Dad.
Ben: It's okay, Ollie. I'm okay. You know you're safe here, buddy, right? And ally daddy's going to always be there ok Come here. I love you guys so much. Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Promise.
(Ben kisses all three of his children's head and makes his way out)
(Ally starts to cry in olives arms)
Ally: daddy I love you too
( Door opens )

cal, ally and olive were sleeping in the same bed that night cal wakes up from a calling of the mysterious man with a photo of mick saying find her ally wakes up shivering as well was cal they were both having the same calling cal looks at his hands in shock as they have became frozen he turns over to ally and grabs her hands from under the covers but before he does he see the young girls nose had become red same with her cheeks and her lips had began to turn blue cal looks at allys hands but there was nothing)
Cal whisper: we experience it differently
(Cal and ally look at each other worried as they don't know for what's to come)