𝐵𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇

Death.

Death was all Kai wanted to feel the moment he laid eyes on Kazuya.

"K-kai? Are y-you real?" Kazuya said shakily.

Kai couldn't believe it.

The entire world shook beneath his feet as Kazuya eyed him in tears.

He couldn't be here.

He couldn't.

"KAI! YOU'RE HERE! LEONARDO WASN'T LYING!" Kazuya exclaimed.

Kai tensed and took a few steps back.

Despite it being almost a decade since his disappearance, Kai was still afraid.

Yeah, he wasn't the same twenty year old man as before, but Kai still knew.

He still knew the pain Kazuya made him feel.

He still felt the damage Kazuya inflicted upon him.

Kai was a changed man in every way possible but when it came Kazuya, he had no choice but to hide in the shell he spent years trying to break.

"Kai? Why aren't you speaking? Are you alright? Where's Kenji?" Kazuya asked curiously.

"Shut up. I'm leaving this hellhole anyway, so there's no point in trying to sway me to stay. And Kenji? Kenji doesn't give a shit about you." Kai spat.

Kazuya tensed upon hearing Kai's voice for the first time.

It wasn't quiet like before.

It was strong, laced with power.

Just like Kazuya had always taught him.

"That's my son right there! Where have you been? The entire yakuza has been awaiting your arrival! Tell me Kai!" Kazuya said happily.

Kai rolled his eyes at Kazuya's statement.

They weren't friends.

"I'm not your son. Goodbye." Kai huffed before walking away.

Kazuya's eye twitched the moment Kai walked out.

Kai was his son.

A son had to help his father.

So why the hell was Kai acting like he was the father?

"KAI, GET BACK HERE! I AM YOUR FATHER, AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!" Kazuya shouted.

Kai scoffed and continued to walk out of the house while Kazuya's anger only increased.

Kazuya quickly ran after Kai, though Kai remained silent the entire time.

His silence was killing Kazuya until Kai finally made it to the door, saying one thing.

"Rot in hell."

Kazuya tensed at Kai's words.

How dare his own son speak of him in such a manner?

Kazuya knew how to deal with a disobedient child, time and time again.

It was something he knew well, especially towards Kai.

Kazuya pulled a knife out of his pocket and threw it straight at Kai's back.

"S-SHIT!" Kai groaned.

Kazuya smirked and walked over to Kai before pulling him by the hair and speaking.

"Don't ever think you can run from me again. Training starts today, White Warrior."

Kai held back the tears in his eyes as Kazuya pierced the knife deeper into his back.