𝐻𝒾𝓇𝒶𝑒𝓉𝒽

Tokyo Japan, Mina's POV.

I'm freaking out.

And no, it's not an exaggeration.

One moment I was being yelled at by my parents and the next, I ended up meeting my long lost daughter.

While I'm well aware that everything is meant to be, traveling to Japan and finding Alaia right away seemed a little too good to be true.

I thought she was dead, but she's right here in my arms.

But there's still a strange feeling lurking around my head as time goes by.

Why did Leonardo just leave?

And why did the pilot send me on a flight to Japan, even though no one really knows I'm Leonardo De Luca's wife?

I wanted to know the truth as my mind ran in circles, back and forth, but we all know the truth is never revealed till the end.

Holding Alaia in my arms is such a different feeling.

It feels good.

But it also feels strange.

I mean, what if someone air strikes us at this very moment?

As I was occupied by these ridiculous thoughts, a small voice spoke from my lap.

"H-how did you know w-where I was? Did Matteo tell you t-that I was here?" Alaia asked gently.

I was honestly about to tell Alaia that I thought she was six feet deep in a grave right now, but I kept my mouth shut.

The Alaia I imagined in my head was ten thousands different than the Alaia in front of me.

She was beautiful and definitely resembled Leonardo, but the rest of her face and mannerisms came from someone else.

Her hair was brown and curly, just like Gabriella's and her eyes were panda like, similar to Leonardo's.

"I umm, I just had feeling! Now uhh, who's that guy that dropped you off? I've never heard of Matteo before!"

Alaia sighed and awkwardly touched her hair before hopping off of my lap and onto the bed.

She just seemed so....nervous!

"Sorry for touching you. I know I'm still a stranger." Alaia said guiltily.

Oh shit.

I know exactly who Alaia reminds me of.

Myself.

I remember apologizing to Kai whenever I even brushed my finger against his!

If this poor girl was anything like me, then she's doomed.

"No, you're not a stranger! You're my.... m-my uhm
my daughter? Right?"

Well, that was awkward.

"You really think so? You're actually going to accept me? Are you sure? Do you really want too?" Alaia said nervously.

Okay yeah, Alaia's definitely my daughter.

She overthinks, just like me!

But her demeanor makes me feel angry.

The way she's acting and talking was learned.

Alaia reminds me of my old self, when Kai and my parents molded me into this weak, fragile, delicate girl who took everyone's shitty words, attitudes, and punches.

But I'm not that girl anymore.

And I'll make sure Alaia heals, just like I did.

After Alaia backed up toward the bed, I carefully sat beside her, and stroked her long dark hair, hoping to get her to open up to me.