𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝒻

Messina Sicily, 1 month Later

"It's been one months, twenty eight days, and four hours since you left me Leo. I know it sounds stupid that I count the hours, but I know the m-minutes and the seconds too.

I wish you were here with me today, but I have good news. We're having another baby girl! And uhm, Emiliano and Aurora will be getting married in a few days. They wish you could be here to witness it, but Aurora's parents insist on having it now.

Alaia turned eight and Bella had her first birthday a few days ago too. I know you wanted to be here for both their birthdays, but there's always next year!

How are you doing Leo? Are you having good dreams?" Mina whispered softly while tenderly running her fingers through Leonardo's messy, jet-black hair.

Leonardo maintained his silence, his lips sealed without uttering a single word.

"L-Leo? CAN Y-YOU JUST WAKE UP ALREADY? I can't d-do it anymore! I n-need you! Why did you do it Leo? Why did you take the bullet for me? W-why? You're so much better than me Leo! You're pure, you're kind, and you're not a monster like I am. Please L-leo, just wake u-up!"

Tears streamed down Mina's face, dropping to the ground as she sobbed.

The days stretched on, seemingly longer since their arrival in Sicily.

Though it was probably because Mina felt like she didn't fit in.

The De Luca family had a close bond, unlike Mina's family back home in Vegas.

Despite this, Mina longed for her mother's stern words, as in Sicily, the De Lucas showered her with praise, almost treating her like a savior.

Strangely enough, Mina found herself yearning for her mother's tough love.

In Sicily, she craved someone like her mother, Mariam, who had the power to bring her back to reality.

While Mina sobbed into her arms, she felt the comforting embrace of another pair of arms wrapping around her.

"It's okay Mina, Leonardo will be okay. He's just trying to test how long you can live without him. It's bound to happen one day, so you have to be prepared. Leonardo may be a fighter, but you're a warrior. Stay strong for him, Bella, Alaia, and the baby. Promise me you won't break?" Valentina tenderly spoke.

"I don't like promises. Especially because I'm already broken." Mina whispered softly before quietly walking out of the room.

Entering the spacious room that once belonged to Alessandro, Mina sighed softly.

She observed the children playing joyfully on the massive bed with their toys.

"Aunt Mina, you have to see who's going to win! If Alaia doesn't win, then you have to make us all cookies! But if Alaia wins, only she gets cookies." Jace exclaimed with a smile.

"So...a lose lose situation for me? I have to make cookies even if I don't want to?" Mina smirked.

Jace nodded with joy, and Alaia glanced up at Mina with a small smile.

Since their departure from Japan, Mina had apologized for scolding Alaia, acknowledging the anger that caused it.

Despite Mina's initial upset over Alaia's actions, she understood that Alaia was merely doing what she believed was right.

This was the child that Mina had influenced.

Not Malvada.

"Alright, fine, but count me in the race too. If I win, I'm making oatmeal raisin cookies!" Mina declared with a giggle.