𝒰𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒

Dreams are manifestations.

Dreams can come true.

But, so can nightmares.

"SHIT!" Salvatore gasped.

After leaving Alessandro's room, Salvatore fell asleep immediately and dreamt.

Although, it was far from the rainbows and unicorns one would expect.

In his "dream", someone he loved dearly passed away.

Though Salvatore couldn't remember who it was, the nightmare shook him to his core.

He didn't know who died.

But he could feel it.

The sweat that drenched him from head to toe made the entire room feel suffocating.

Salvatore slowly got out of bed and opened the balcony doors before laying against ledge, taking a deep breath as he felt the cool air on his face.

This night was peaceful, calm, and serene.

The moon and the stars glistened in the sky, illuminating Salvatore's black hair like the sea.

Watching the stars made Salvatore emotional.

It was one of the last moments he shared with Valentina all those years ago.

Salvatore shakily sighed and rubbed the ring on his finger as he thought of his beloved wife.

Thinking about Valentina brought Salvatore comfort.

Comfort he craved when Alessandro was not there.

The sky was as dark as the sea, making Salvatore tear up at the sight.

The ocean was his home.

The sea was the first place Salvatore lived.

The sea was the first place where Salvatore met Angelo.

The sea was where Carlo passed away.

The sea was where Lucille was murdered.

The sea was the last place Valentina and Salvatore were before that one fateful day.

The sea was Salvatore's and Valentina's home.

*************
Sicily, 1966

The splashing sounds of the waves and constant chatter from the seagulls made Salvatore feel at home.

Although, it was probably because he was home.

Only this time, with the woman he loved most.

"CARO! I don't want sand in my hair! STOP IT!" Valentina giggled.

Salvatore chuckled and grabbed Valentina's waist before kissing her cheeks gently.

"How much longer until your parents will accept me? I can't live without you any longer, amor." Salvatore sighed.

Valentina shrugged her shoulders and tuck her head into Salvatore's neck as she listened to his breathing.

The two stayed silent for a while, taking in the salty smell of the sea.

"Caro? Can I ask you something?" Valentina asked curiously.

"Of course. What is it?" Salvatore said gently.

Valentina sighed and ruffled Salvatore's hair as she fiddled with her fingers in guilt.

"Would you see me as the bad guy if I don't want to raise your daughter? I'm not ready to raise a child who isn't mine. Do you hate me for that?" Valentina muttered nervously.