𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒦𝑒𝓎

"Listen here Kai! I'll show you the greatest
onigiri you've ever tasted! Just follow me!" Matteo said excitedly.

Kai groaned and stared back at the window where Kaya laid.

He didn't have time for Matteo's annoying jokes or witty attitude.

All he wanted was Sora.

"You're not going to come? How about I piggyback you? I promise I won't drop you!" Matteo said as he grabbed Kai's hands.

Oh God!

Kai had enough of Matteo!

"NO YOU CANNOT PIGGYBACK ME MATTEO! I CAN WALK JUST FINE!" Kai said angrily.

Almost immediately, Matteo grabbed Kai's arm and ushered him over to the side of a shop, only angering Kai more.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN TO STOP, DO YOU?" Kai sneered.

Matteo sighed.

He knew he had a bubbly personality that most hated, but Matteo's mom absolutely loved it.

And so did Kaya.

"I-i uhm, I want to marry Kaya. That's what I wanted to tell you." Matteo said lowly.

Kai tensed at Matteo's words.

He wasn't expecting that!

"Wha- Wait you and Kaya are actually that serious? You want to m-marry her? AND YOU'RE ASKING ME?" Kai exclaimed.

"Yeah, obviously! Kazuya doesn't know about Kaya and I's relationship! My mama always said that my father was a gentleman and paid thousands of dollars just to ask for her hand in marriage. I love Kaya more than anything and I want to get married as soon as I turn eighteen. I can't imagine being without her!" Matteo sighed.

Kai's eyes widened in shock at Matteo's words.

So he truly loved Kaya?

As Matteo waited for his answer, Kai felt reassured.

The entire time he was gone Matteo was there to take care of her.

Both Matteo and Kai did indeed meet before, though Kai didn't recognize the boy who was seven years old when he last saw him.

"I-i don't know! Let me call my fiancé then maybe I'll agree! Deal?" Kai smirked.

Matteo smiled and shook Kai's hand while nodding.

Wow!

That was all Kai needed to do in order to call Sora?

"Thank you so much Kai! And of course you can call Sora! Just don't tell Kaya-" Matteo said before a gunshot rang inside.

Almost immediately, both Kai and Matteo turned around seeing Kaya fall onto the floor.

"Wha? NO! KAYA!" Matteo cried.

Kai stood still in his spot, shocked.

Who shot Kaya?

As Kai stared at the open window, a familiar face sobbed and dragged Kaya out of the room.

There was no way.

Was that....Katie?

****************

"NO! PLEASE LET ME COME! PLEASE!" Matteo sobbed.

"Yeesh, get away! I don't like Italian blood touching my things! And no, Kaya hates you! Start the car, and if Matteo doesn't move than just hit him! Maybe I can finally kill you baka!" Kazuya smirked.