Progress! Chap. 14

I opened my eyes to reveal a bright room, my vision hazed as the sound of clinking of cups rang in my ears.  I whipped my head to the side, a woman with black hair and purple highlights were fixing and placing some cups down. Ah, I see.

This was the same woman who fought with Tomioka. She looked at me and smiled even wider, the same dull eyes gazed at me "Ara Ara~ looks like someone is awake" she mouthed as her hands clasped together "I must say L/N-san, it took you a short amount of time to heal, have you mastered total concentration breathing?" she asked, her pointer finger placed under her chin.

I nodded "Ah, not a talker?" she smiled, but once again I replied with the same nod. She sighed "Take your medicine after you eat, okay?" before I could respond the insect pillar had already left. I sat up, and surprisingly it didn't hurt. Except for the ringing in my head. I furrowed my brow and placed my hand in my temple, I started to rub it.

The shoji swung open, revealing a girl with black pigtails and blue eyes "Y/N-SAN!! Shinobu-Sama had informed me you are awake, hm." She closed her eyes and sighed deeply "You just left y/n-San, how could you get hurt that fast?" She spoke with her eyebrows scrunched. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders "Guess, I have to see you often then. Not that you mind of course." I teased, her mouth open and her face tinted light pink.

"Y/N-SAN!"

She shouted, I quietly chuckled, she seemed to not notice the action I had took, am glad though. My smile faded and so did the happiness that came with it. My mind drifted towards my sibling, oh how I missed them dearly. Aoi noticed this and walked towards me. She placed some pills that are placed in a small plastic packet "Don't act so gloomy after you just smiled." She chatted.

I figured, maybe if I had some free time, I could visit my siblings. I smiled at the thought, Aoi did the same gesture in return. She lectured me before leaving. I looked at the food, i loomed over it.

'Not in the mood to eat'

There was two parts of me insisting I should eat, and whether I shouldn't. It felt really hard, like my heart was insisting and my brain agreeing I should eat. I knew I was indecisive. I didn't realize that I had been staring at the food, my stomach grumbled, my brain winning the argument.

I grabbed the chopsticks and started digging in on the miso. My cheeks puffed as I ate the remaining of the food. I wiped my mouth and placed the plate in the tray. A shiver was sent down my spine since I remembered I had to drink the medicine and drink the pills. I grabbed the pills and ate it without hesitation, afterwards I pinched my nose and chugged on the medicine.

I wiped the liquid still pouring from my mouth. I felt disgusted, my throat still in agony on what I had drank. I placed the cup down and sat there, I eyed my hand as thoughts were roaming around, vapid and aimless.

I remembered a certain memory I couldn't forget. The memory where me and the water pillar hanging out, I smiled at the thought that he, the pillar who was anti-social, actually hanged out with me! I don't mean to toot my own horn but...

Ah, that's right, Aoi mentioned I had to go to rehabilitation training. Why would I? I am fine. Well, except for the head part, but still. I need to go finish missions; I don't have time for recovery. And before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

I woke up from a loud squawk "CAW CAW!! L/N-SAN!! YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO GO TO REHABILITATION TRAINING CAW CAW!!!!" Ray shouted before flying away, I deadpanned. I sighed heavily 'I don't need that... am doing just fine.' I sat up and left my room.

I entered the training room to see the trio there, although Inosuke and Zenitsu weren't doing so fine... Zenitsu turned his head towards me and ran as lighting in my direction "Y/N-SAN!!! I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!!!" He cried, his snot getting on my clothes. An irk mark appeared on my forehead, Tanjiro noticed this and dragged Zenitsu away "S-sorry Y/N-san!!" The redhead bowed for forgiveness "Its fine, Tanjiro" I waved my hands to my shirt, removing the dirt.