Unexpected Reality Chap 5.

"The Final Selection is here."

I was terrified, i mean who wouldn't? i was leaving for a week fighting for my life. There was a chance i would never meet my family again, i wouldn't feel that same warmth i would experience when i was at my blue's. I won't be able to protect them, make them feel what an actual life is. What to do when am not there, and how will they see the point of the world? is it a cruel, grueling world where they are born to be used, thrown around, pushed, expected to stay with the men they are 'destined' to be. I would not allow my mother to make them feel like 'toys' men will use for their own pleasure. I want my sisters to feel the actual world, where there are endless possibilities, an ending they want.

I was ready to take any lives or even mine to make them happy.

i was there, laying down on my futon, i couldn't sleep at all. Until, my door was opened, and a cold breeze greeted me, i saw my siblings there all of them just sitting beside the door. I flashed them a warm and reassuring smile, but i know they could see all the panic and stress am feeling. I wanted to be strong for them "sis.." Ishihara said in a low tone, mostly a sad one "Look sis, i know you're stressed..but don't worry! we're all here!! making you feel less of a sad sack!" tsukishima said with a thumbs up, that made me feel much better..their right..if ill be gone...well maybe they'll still be alive. Yeah..maybe i won't make the promise, nor succeed in my goal but..the very thing i want the most was my siblings alive.

They all welcomed their selves in my room "siss!!" Tsuyuri said "yes?" i asked her "promise us...you'll come back alive!!" Tsuyuri continued, i was shocked, my imagination exploded, i was lost in a pool of such...scenarios, Scenarios i wished wouldn't happen. We all talked and yet that same warmth i would feel would always come back whenever am with them. Even if it was a cold breezy night that loving warmth would always find a way to creep into the cracks. It was a magical sensation i wished to always feel. "Okay okay...i know the time is about to come, so say what you all want to say before i leave." i said to them with a hint of sadness in my tone, even that warmth wouldn't last long of how much bigger my anxiety was.

They all looked at each other before blurting out "PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!" i was not surprised, somehow though it was reassuring i smiled at them passionately "of course" i cooed out .They smiled, the night breeze dancing around the room happily, they bid their goodbyes but the twins stayed, i asked them "What's wrong Mitsumi and Mitsubishi?" i gave them a confused look, the breeze slowly stopping as it fades "w-we wanted to give you this!" Mitsubishi shoved a bento infront of you, i took it with a grateful smile "Thank you girls" i piped, they beamed at me, the smile full of joy and happiness.

After they bid their goodbyes my smiled faded as without them i was just a follower, they were my guide light, without them..where will i go? will i meet them again?, and  theres was it, the unbearable emotions flooding in, evading my mind once again. I stood up from my futon. I walked over to my closet and changed out of my kimono and got my snow hakama set. Once i was set, i grabbed my bento and hid it. I walked out of my room, my footsteps inaudible. I went to our garden and opened the shed to find my katana still sitting in where i placed it. I grabbed it and started to run towards the Final Selection.

I arrived at the staircase, wisterias visible. The photogenic flowers, dancing rhythmically with the air. As i was walking i was met with many other future slayers here. They were all dressed differently..i must say the clothes were a bit odd. I realized me and only one other girl was here.