Please don't do this to me...Chap. 7

It took me a while to get back to my district since final selection was held in a mountain, and unfortunately for me, my district was far away from any mountains. I saw a nearby village and thought on staying overnight. I stopped by and booked a hotel for the night.

I entered the hotel to be greeted by a woman who had beautiful long black hair "Hello miss!! welcome to Okuiya Hotel!" the woman said with glee " My names Teruachi Minaki! I'll be helping you with your room !!" she continued " Hello Teruachi-san, my name is L/N Y/N." i said with a closed eyed smile "Okay follow me to the front desk so i can get you set up." Teruachi discoursed while leading me to the front desk just in front of the shoji.

"Okay! room for 1?" she asked, and i nodded "Okay!! well L/N-san your total is 500 yen for the night." Teruachi recited. I gave the exact amount as she led me to my room at the 2nd floor. "Okay L/N-san! here is your room, its 201! and here's your key." she mouthed while handing me the key "also! don't be afraid to ask for help!" a upbeat face showed as a smile that was bright enough to make that same warmth as the one my siblings gave me. I dearly missed it.

I smiled at her, while she softly blushed although i saw it. She waved at me goodbye as she went back to the front desk. I opened the shoji to find a neutral room, a futon at the side of the room ,a closet , small bathroom, and a vanity.

I placed my katana beside my futon and undressed myself. I went inside the bathroom as i took a quick shower, just for the night since i was absolutely exhausted on the final selection week.

'ha... this feels so relieving after that excruciating week.'

I smiled as the feeling of warm bath water creeped into my skin. As i finished taking a shower i put on the provided robe the hotel gave for everyone.

'wait... what the fuck do i wear?'

My blood ran cold as i realized i had nothing to wear since my only clothes are the hakama set and right now its currently dirty. I frantically ran towards the closet hoping the hotel gave a spare kimono or a yukata, anything would do.

'shit shit shit'

I opened the closet to find a white yukata. I was relieved to find a clothing. I got out the yukata and wore it. The texture was so soft and silky! it was a delight to wear, it wasn't too tight nor too loose! absolutely amazing. I smiled and sat down on my futon, as i suddenly felt an uneasy feeling.

'weird... i keep getting this feeling ever since i left... nah probably just being paranoid... ha.. yeah..'

I shook it off, knowing that my mind would capture the thought and would never let go. I would think of possibilities that would've happened while i was gone. Of course nothing would go wrong, its a district! there's no demon's in district's.. right?

Well apart from that demon i encountered, the very first demon i fought. My mind ran wild as gruesome images flooded my mind giving me the frights, i was sweating profusely as i thought what fate my siblings had encountered while i was gone? are they.. dead?

That very own word, that singular word made me feel a panicky feeling.

'am i going to fail?'

'what to i do if i don't keep my promise to them?'

'did i fail to protect them?'

'what will they think of me?'

'A failure that's what!'

what.

no, no, no, no, please.. please don't do this to me.

My face turned pale as i realized i had been zoning out. I noticed a tear slip, i pressed my cheek to find a tear. I didn't even notice that i had been tearing up, those thought's had made me feel like i was in pure purgatory. I wiped my tears and sweat as i layed down, and pressed down the thoughts i had just thought of.