16~ Alyssa- Dance Prep

I woke to my phone going off playing 'I Hate Everything about You' by Three Days Grace. Groaning i reached over to my night stand and grabbed my phone. I lifted my head off the pillow and peered at the screen seeing a picture of Jayden from the game last night. Who took that picture and put his number in my phone? The only person to use my phone was- oh my I will kill Sara.

I pressed 'answer' and brought the phone up to my ear and sleepily saying "Hello".

"Hey sunshine," his cheerfully husky voice sang on the other line.

"Why are you calling and how did you get my number?"

"Well cupcake I had to make sure you were awake. The dance starts soon so you should be waking up. And I got your number from Sara after the game; she is the one that told me to call you at this time."

"And what may the time be?" I asked falling back asleep.

"It's four," he answered in a duh tone. I groaned into the phone and buried my face in the pillow earning a laugh from Jayden.

"Oh come on its not that bad. Get ready with Sara and make sure you have fun. It is your senior year," he tried to cheer me up with an enthusiastic tone of voice.

"Shut up Jay." I mumbled making him laugh more.

"Ok I'll stop, now get out of bed and get ready."

"Fine, I'm hanging up now."

"Ok bye babe," he sounded disappointed.

"OK and don't call me that again you know the bet we made. You have to leave me alone," I hung up before Jayden could reply and placed my phone on the night stand. Groaning loudly i rolled over onto my back, I didn't realize how close i was to the edge of the bed and fell, a shriek escaping my mouth.

I started laughing as my door burst open revealing Sara out of breath. "Oh my god I heard a loud thump and came to see what happened. But I see it was you being and idiot and fell out of bed." She walked over and grabbed my arms yanking me to my feet. "Ok I am guessing you got the call." She smirked and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah I did and why the fuck did you give him my number?" I glared down at her placing my hands on my hips.

"I gave him your number because one he asked. Second he deserved to have it and lastly it would have been funny." Sara counted off on her fingers. I narrowed my eyes making her start to laugh, 'Oh now she's going to get it', I lunged at her and tackled her, making us fall to the floor. Pain went up my back as we groaned and rolled onto our stomachs.

"Ok let's eat linner (lunch/dinner) and then get ready." She smiled brightly and pushed herself onto all fours before standing. She helped me up and we ran downstairs to the kitchen. Kyle sat on the couch watching 'Zeke and Luther'; I skipped past him and off to the kitchen Sara in toe. As she sat in the stool I went to the fridge, taking out random food. I made a quick sandwich splitting it with Sara.

"So when did you get here?" I asked.

"Um, around three fifty-five, Kyle answered the door."

"Oh," was all I could say. Sara and I stayed silent for awhile as we ate. After awhile Sara broke the silence by grabbing my arm and pulling me into the living room, stopping to talk to Kyle.

"Hey Kyle can you give a call top Jayden's mom and have her come over now." Kyle nodded vigorously, "great now don't come upstairs while I remake over your sister."

"You are gonna do what?" I shrieked as Sara dragged me up the stairs and into my room.  When Sara says something ninety-nine point nine times she is serious and it sometimes turns out bad.