Chapter 14

Chapter 14

How many nights has it been since I arrived here? I stared towards the garden that I was walking through last night and sighed. The offer that Chase had made for me was still fresh in my mind. Yet, I somehow was starting to doubt my decision.

Would anything change?

Those were the thoughts that I kept thinking. As I was deep in thought, I was interrupted by a loud commotion next door. I leaned off my balcony, taken back by what I was hearing.

"Nhn...yes, faster."

The balcony next to mine had the doors slightly open, and my face instantly turns red. I wasn't an idiot to notice what was going on. Niall was having his own time with Red, the only person that visited today. I retreated to my room and covered my ears when I heard the wall-banging.

"Yes!"

I ran out of my room, not looking back, and bumped into a broad chest. Stumbling back, Harry grabs my hand and helps to balance me back on my feet. He looks at my flushed face and raises an eyebrow.

"Is there anyone wrong?"

"Please change my rooms," I begged him. My shaking hands unknowingly were clingy on his t-shirt tightly. He grabs my hand and leads me back to my room. "We shouldn't-"

"Keep going!"

When Harry hears Red's loud moaning from Niall's room, he instantly turns around and drags me along with him. The tip of his ears also turns red. He takes me to his place and clasps his hands together.

"I'm sorry about that!"

"It's okay." I tried to force a laugh but failed. It would be a lie that I wasn't disgusted or entirely freaked out by the whole thing. There's no way that Niall didn't know that I wasn't next door; overall, our walls between the rooms were thin. My eyes glanced downwards, and I rubbed my right arm with my hand. "So those two... Niall didn't strike me as someone to have a girlfriend."

"Huh?"

"You would think that he'll be a little nicer to girls if that was the case," I ranted. Harry frowns and shakes his head.

"You're wrong," Harry sighs. "Red and Niall aren't dating. More like they're using each other."

"W-what?"

"What's the American term for this... Ah, yes, they're fuck buddies," Harry replies. My face goes pale, and I covered my mouth from vomiting. I don't even know why this is also affecting me. Yes, I know people can be friends with benefits. But it's just the thought that Niall and that woman together... I just somehow didn't like it.

I then felt a warm hand on top of my head, and I glanced up to see Harry's soft smile.

"Don't let this bother you," Harry spoke. "Especially on your birthday."

My birthday...

My eyes widen, and I looked at the clock on Harry's nightstand.

12:01 am.

"How could I forget?" I mumbled. With everything that was happening around me, I completely neglected that my birthday was near. I couldn't believe that I was officially nineteen now.

"Go to sleep, and we'll celebrate your birthday later," Harry says. But then he holds a sudden change of expression. "But first, let's find you a better room."

"That would be great," I laughed.

"Stupid, where are you?!"

There was a loud voice yelling outside the hall, and I stood up from Harry's bed. Harry follows behind me as I run out the door and into the hallway. The rest of the boys were gathering around the front of my room and also confused what's going on.