Chapter 8: Stupid and Her Enemy

Chapter 8: Stupid and Her Enemy (NOW EDIT)

"Thank you for being here." I smiled at Kai and grabbed onto his shoulders as he helps me to stand up. My ability to be standing lasted about 30 seconds before I fell back down in my wheelchair. I thought I only had a broken rib, not two wobbly legs. My expression turned into an annoyed one, and Kai notices.

"You should be happy to be out," Kai spoke.

"I know," I sigh, "but it's difficult for right now."

It's been exactly four days since the incident, and I have not received news about the robbers. This only means that my necklace is still in the hands of a total stranger. I can only hope that I get it back soon, and my life will go back healthy. Well, almost normal.

Niall Horan hasn't appeared in my sight since that night, either. I didn't know if I should feel relieved or angry; my thoughts were still on that more that he left behind. It was like the robbers, and he was connected somehow, and I was stuck on what to think. He couldn't possibly be that cruel in sending people to attack me.

"Hey," Kai grabbed my attention as he strolls me out of the hospital building. "I was thinking about something."

"That isn't good," I laughed. Kai's expression turned serious and stopped the wheelchair.

"Those robbers, they didn't say anything to you, right?" Kai asked me. My mind instantly went back to the night, and I can remember bits of it.

Organization.

I only shrugged and grabbed the handles of the wheelchair. Kai's eyes widen as he saw me stood up again, and I moved out of my wheelchair. Finally, I can-

Thump.

I fell on the concrete ground and sat in shock. A pair of boots then came into my vision, and I glanced up. The sunlight is almost blinding me until I can figure the person out. My face turns red when I see Niall Horan looking down on me with a blank expression. He clicks his tongue and grabs my wheelchair; his eyes sharpen at me too.

"Are you sure that you don't need the wheelchair stupid?"

"Why are you an asshole?"

Kai quickly helps me up again on the wheelchair and chuckles at the sight of both of us. Niall's blue eyes adverted away from us, and he rubbed the back of his neck. The white dress shirt that he was wearing lifted, and I almost drool when I saw a v-line.

"Who exactly are you?" Kai asks. My eyes widen, and I looked up at Niall. A slight smirk appearing on the older man's face.

"Niall Horan," Niall responds. "I'm sure you heard the name before."

Why is he so cocky?

"So, you're Niall." Kai smiles, and he wriggles his eyebrows at both of us. "Bridget's boyfriend."

"No way," we retorted together.

"I won't date anyone that can pass as an idiot."

"I don't date assholes with a brother complex."

Kai laughs again and looks between us with amused written on his expression. "You guys sure get along well."

Niall's and I's eyes connected again with our faces showing off annoyed expressions. If getting along means that I'm always thinking about wanting to punch the blonde beauty, then yes, I'm sure we're the best of friends. I crossed my arms across my chest and formed my mouth into a pout.

"Let's go, Kai," I demanded, my friend. Kai's hands gripped tight on the handles of the wheelchair, and he sent a nod towards Niall. "Goodbye, asshole."

"Try not to trip again, Stupid." *
--

Niall P.O.V

She's such an annoying brat.

As I watched the 'famous and beautiful' Bridget Meyers, quoted by Harry, being taken away by her friend. I only wish that this was the last time that I would see her again. She was lucky to come out with only a broken rib and mild concussion from that night. Either way, I knew that it all had to do with the fact that she's getting close to us because of Greg.

They're looking at us every single minute.

It's been a year exactly since that night. My girlfriend was brutally killed, and I was forced to drop my career. To be exact, I had my ideal life ruined by a crazy person name Mr. X, a man that has been using my friends and me lately. Due to his actions towards my group, I had no other choice to join National Crime Fighters, which is an organization to help all high-class crimes. Participating in an elite organization was my only choice if I wanted to find Mr. X and find my vengeance for my girlfriend.

But he's trying to distract us as much as we can. Throughout the world, he's using different people and coming up with plots like sending assassins to kill our advisors or government officials. Mr. X is no joke. National Crime Fighters has trained me to be the best and taught me never to stop until I achieve my goal. It's dangerous work when it comes to missions, especially if it comes to killing someone if necessary.

That's why I'm trying to prevent that Bridget Meyer from entering our lives. If this keeps up, I'm sure she would be in the same position where she has to fight for her life. I also don't want a useless death in the organization, either.

"Mr. Horan, you're here," A nurse called out for me. She was outside Greg's hospital room with a weary smile and clipboard in her hand. She nods in my directions and leaves me with my brother. Entering the room, I saw my brother lying down on the bed with all types of tubes and wires connected with him. He was lifeless as ever.

"C'mon wake up," I muttered. "Or else that brat will continue to be with us."

But nothing.