Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"There's so many regulations to follow when part of our organization, for example..."

My mind quickly zones out as Liam continues to lecture me about National Crime Fighters, the lessons being too unbearable. Its only been two days since I have suddenly joined the organization, and for two reasons only. A man name Mr.X, who is also my mother's murder, has announced his next target like me, and I have to defend myself. The second reason is that something about these five boys has drawn my attention, but especially Niall Horan. As to what keeps me thinking about him is still a mystery, I thought being closer to the group will come handy.

"I was wrong," I sigh. Where the hell is Niall?! Isn't he a bit irresponsible for not showing up and training his pupil already? I mean, I should at least have been taught how to throw a punch accurately.

"You said something, Bridget." Liam stops his lecture and looks straight at me. I quickly force a smile and pretend to have been playing attention.

"No, please continue." Please stop.

He then continues on and somehow making his tone much dull than before. How can a secret organization have so many rules and even have time to make a handbook? I clenched my hand into a fist and stood up from my seat.

"Please put that book down."

Someone spoke out my thoughts.

I turned around and connected eyes with hazel brown ones. The man in front of me was someone that I haven't met inside this house. He was tall, muscular, brown wavy hair that reaches his shoulder. A small birthmark was under his right eye, and tattoo peeks out from the nape of the neck. To summarize, he looked like he came out of a Vogue magazine cover shoot.

"Chase, I didn't expect you to be here."

"I came here as quick as I can after I heard about what happened to one of your members," Chase explains to Liam. He walks further into the diner area and stops a few steps away from me. His eyes not leaving mines. "But, I certainly didn't get the memo of a new member joining us."

"Ah, yes. This is Bridget Meyer, the daughter of-"

"He doesn't need to know." I interrupted Liam from spilling more information about me. The name should be enough, but as Chase's eyes slightly widen, I could tell that he caught on quick. He extends his hand towards me and smiles.

"I didn't expect to meet Jessica Meyer's daughter, but I'm glad to have the pleasure," Chase spoke. I suspiciously looked down at his hand and noticed that he had a strange burnt mark of an "X" near his wrist. This guy... I have a feeling that he's hiding something. Chase notices where I was staring at and pulls down his shirt sleeve to cover it. "Sorry. I got that when I was capture once."

"Must have hurt..."

I might be overthinking things, but his voice sounds oddly familiar. His smiles soften a bit, and then he turns towards Liam.

"I just wanted to check up on things."

"It must be hard for you. You're the division leader for all New York teams, and yet, you manage to care for us," Liam responds. Divison leader? Good thing for Liam's boring explanation, I know some of the positions of National Crime Fighters. Divison leaders are like mayors to us; they are task to monitor and lead teams in an area of where they are located in. They report to the superior inside the area too. But if this guy is a division leader, then that means that he must be extremely talented.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, it might be too soon, but maybe our teams should have dinner tonight. We need to catch up," Chase suggested. He looks over to me again. "And greet our new member."