Chapter 5: Hospital Visit

(Now Edit)
Chapter 5: Hospital Visit

A few days have passed since that night, and I was finally able to get out of the house. My father was reluctant to let me go since he probably had a fear of what happened. I could tell that he already knew the whole story from the way he's been treating me. He didn't dare to pressure me to say anything, and I was grateful. Saying that I found a man half-dead wasn't exactly easy for anyone. I wonder when I would be able to say it too.

When I enter the cold hospital, I knew that I wasn't yet comfortable with the atmosphere inside the place. Yet again, I doubt I will ever be used to it. My phone rang for the fourth time today, and I pulled it out to see it was another text from Leah. An attachment was in the message along with a small text; Here's the article you ask about One Direction's disappearance.

Ah, I almost had forgotten that I contacted Leah for information on the five boys. Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan were people that many girls admired and climbing their way through the music industry. It wasn't until one year when they decided to quit music after playing Madison Square Garden and vanished out of nowhere. They were gone from the world about six months until recently; small photographs were shown lately. The boys that were once huge were now nothing. Although nothing can answer on what's the reason for quitting.

As I reached the desk for help, I soon realized that the lady behind the counter was the same from a few nights ago. She had her dull green eyes glue to the screen; in fact, she also wore her hair in a tight bun as she chews loudly on her gum. I quickly got hold of her name tag, and I almost held a snort.

Jennie, huh?

"Hi, I'm Bridget Meyer. I'm here to visit Greg Horan," I spoke. The sound of typing stopped, and she glanced at me from the corner of her eye. The form of Jennie's lips turned into a frown. Why did she look displeasing? Her stare made me uncomfortable, and I squirmed in place. "Um, so can I know what room he's in?"

"Sorry, only family members and close friends are allowed,'' she said. Oh. We're using that method then. I have a feeling that Niall wanted this way. Stepping aside from the desk, I looked around the lobby and saw a couple together.

"Did you know that I'm the patient's girlfriend?"

"Mr. Horan prevented you from coming in," She responded. I knew it. The jerk was doing everything from keeping me away from his brother. Whatever it is, I can't believe that his trust issues were this low. I was only about to give up when I caught sight of a familiar figure in the hallway. His green eyes are then connecting with mine.

"Harry," I called out for him. A small smile appearing on my face when he reached me. He looked as if he hasn't slept in days. "The nurse says that I can't visit him because I'm not family or a close friend."

I can sense the nurse's piercing stare from behind me. Geez, why was I hated against these nurses? Harry quickly sensed my discomfort and pulled me aside. He sent me a small wink before turning his attention toward the nurse. Her appearance is transforming from a stiff robot to a daze teenage girl.

"I was so sure that Bridget was added into the list," Harry commented," Since you know.. She's Greg's girlfriend."

"B-but Mr. Horan said-"

"Niall's been having a huge dispute with Bridget lately," Harry commented. "About the whole, 'I can't believe you're taking my beloved brother away scenario' thing."

"He's so sensitive about it too," I added in. Maybe this plan was working. The look on the nurse's face turned to disbelief, and she cleared her throat. Harry is only leaning in and putting his fingers under her chin.

"It's sad, isn't it. She can't even see her boyfriend."

"Y-yes," she spoke. "W-well then, I guess we can let her go, and I'll add her to the list."

It was that easy? Harry turned slightly, turns my way, and smiled.

"It's Room 401B."

"Thanks."

I rushed to 401B in a hurry with doctors and nurses giving me weird glances. It couldn't be helped; I looked like a manic running down the halls. When I reached my destination, I didn't think twice before entering the room. It wasn't when that moment when I saw Greg was when I regretted not thinking it through. There he was on the bed with different machines attached to his ashen skin. The color of his lips was even pink anymore but a cold, pale blue color. He didn't also look alive.

"Why would they do this to you?" I questioned. I took off my bag from my shoulder and sat next to Greg. It's only my hopeful wish, but I wish that he'll open his blue eyes soon and look at me again. Maybe then I can complain about how his little brother is a jerk or how scared I was since that night. This man, I wish I was able to save him earlier.

"I should've known that you'll show up here sooner," An Irish voice interrupted my thoughts. Our eyes then connected, and Niall held an unreadable expression in his face. His hand gripped right on the open door before slamming it close. I'm in deep trouble.

"I just wanted to see him," I spoke. My hand is reaching for my handbag before his hand wrapped around my wrist. A cold shiver ran down my spine, and I was scared. This boy that suppose to be around my age was showing off an aura that was too menacing for me to handle. I stood up, and our noses were touching. Too close.

I can only sense danger from him, along with the smell of alcohol and cologne on him. My mind was screaming to run and to run far away from here as possible. But deep down in myself, I somehow was looking for reasons to stay with this man. Maybe I was doing this for the promise I've made with Greg or because I wanted to know other things. I didn't exactly know why.

Niall's dangerous aura scared me. Although it was different when staring at his blue eyes that he tried so bad to scare me away with at the moment. Behind them was some type of emotion telling me that he was scare, worry, and sad. Was this why Greg ask me to watch over him? His little brother was having a tough time to convey his emotions.

"It's okay to cry," I muttered. Niall's grip around my wrist tighten, and I knew I'd get a bruise. "Hey!"

"You think you can fake innocence?" Niall questioned. A smirk appeared on his face, and I was pushed against the wall. The hem of my dress rose when he placed a knee to separate my legs apart. No way. He was doing to do something to me - what's even worst that was inside a hospital room! I was about to scream, but the door soon opened, and Harry stood in the doorway.

"Your joke is going too far, Niall," Harry scowled. I was soon dropped to the floor, breathless, and legs shaking in fear. Harry moved to my aside and helped me up. The blonde boy rolled his eyes and went away to sit next to his brother.

"Asshole," I spoke again. Pointing towards Niall, I sent him a glare and tried my best to refrain myself from hitting him. "This isn't the last time that you're seeing me."

"What a stupid girl you are," Niall chuckled. His eyes brighten in amusement, and I almost thought that he'd smile. Instead, he smirked.

"Bridget, Niall..."

"But I suggest that you don't get into our business,'' Niall said. Harry stopped himself from speaking and seemed to agree with Niall. The atmosphere darkens and Niall turned his back towards me. "You might end up as Greg too."

"Is that a threat?"

"Who knows."

This hospital visit...

I somehow didn't expect it to go like this.