Chapter 11.5

Chapter 11.5:

Niall P.O.V

An Hour Ago...

"Hey, I'm not touching those!" Harry exclaims as he looks at a particular drawer. His face entirely turns red, and he turns away. Giving out a sigh, I push him to the side and grab Bridget's undergarments. "I don't think she'll like to know that you touch those."

"Either way, I don't think she'll like this whole thing," Zayn speaks. No shit. Four grown men were in a girl's room and packing her items; If this doesn't scream 'creepy,' then I don't know anymore. Moving onto the next drawer, I then took noticed the newspapers that were on her nightstand.

"One of best New Yorker Lawyer dies in Car Accident."
"Girl dies in Car Accident."
"One Direction Quits"
"Where are they now?"

"Why would she have these?" Louis questions. He also notices the newspapers and picks them up. Each article was either related to One Direction, or my late girlfriend's death. Why would this random stranger have these with her? "You think she was on to us already?"

"It's too much for it to be a coincidence," I reply, "but she's smart for what we take her for."

"Do you think she knows about National Crime Fighters already?" Harry asks. That's impossible. If she knew about such an organization, then she wouldn't have acted like a scared kid earlier. I look at both of my hands and remember when I touched her. She was shaking so badly, and even her eyes were clearly showing fear. Whatever research she was doing, I'm sure she wasn't expecting this outcome.

I was about to answer when I felt a figure shift in front of Bridget's room. Quickly I pull out my pocket knife and throw it in the direction of the other visitor. The person then catches it midair and turns the blade the other way. My eyes widen when I notice that it was the same man that I met at the hospital on the night of Bridget's incident. His blue eyes stare directly at mine with such suspicion—the same way from that night.

"So you finally decided to get her," he spoke. He drops his suitcase to the side and walks inside the room. "Is my daughter okay?"

"She's safe," I answer. The other three boys stand aside as Bridget's father and I were speaking. Besides, he looks like he got more significant problems with me than the rest of them. He then gives me back my pocket knife and eyes me down. "Don't worry about it. I won't lay a hand on her old man."

"Watch it. I may have left the organization a long time ago, but I can kill you instantly," he calmly said. Before I can step forward, I felt a sharp blade poking the side of my neck. The middle-aged man smiles at me with a wicked aura around him and pulls his knife back. "Not bad for an old man, right?"

Shit. Even I couldn't predict his movement. Sweat rolls down from my forehead, and I rerelease my weapon.

"Do you understand what will happen with Bridget joining?" Her father questions. "The same man that killed my wife will be after my daughter now."

"I warned her to stay away from us, but Stupid- I mean Bridget wouldn't budge," I grumbled. He should be blamed for his daughter's stubbornness. Somehow sensing my thoughts, the middle-aged man glares at me again.

"She takes that from her mother," he sighs. This man... is he worried about his daughter? He hasn't asked once where she could be or demand us to return her. We kidnapped her, and yet, nothing.

"I should get going," I muttered. Zayn and the rest can take care of everything else, and I was just annoyed with this older man. I then was about to walk past him, but he grabs my shoulder—our eyes connecting for the last time.

"Take care of her."