Chapter 2: First Impression

(Now Edit)
Chapter 2: First Impression

Some things happen for a reason.

I was told the same words when I was at the age of nine on the morning of my mom's funeral. My nanno whisper them in my ear after he found me in her closet and holding her favorite dress. It still felt like a fresh memory after ten years had almost passed. I just wish that I could forget about the pain that I suffer when I found out that my mom passed away in a car accident. It could've been more comfortable.

I still wanted to believe that all that was happening now was faith's way of leading me to something. Of course, it was only a possibility.

"Excuse me?" I tried to get the attention of the woman behind the desk. Her brown eyes looked up from her desktop to me. "Can you get me any information on Greg Horan?"

"Are you a family member?" She questioned. Her fingers hovered over her keyboard. I sighed in defeat and moved away from the desk. Why was this hospital being stressful? The woman behind her counter continued to type away in her computer, ignoring the fact that I was desperate for information.

"I'm worried sick about him. You see, I found him, and it will make me feel better if I have at least some information," I added. Her fingers paused from typing. She locked eyes with me once again and sighed. "Please."

"He's almost done with his surgery. I can't give much detail until his brother comes by," She said. Was she serious? It's been two hours since Greg has been admitted into his hospital. His younger brother was nowhere in sight, and I wasn't sure if he even cares about Greg. I turned around on my heels and walked back to the empty waiting room.

It was past midnight, two in the morning, to be exact. My phone was completely dead, and my dad must be worried sick. I hope that my message had been delivered to him before it had died completely.

Something finally smelled completely weird. I knew that smell from the time that I had done my biology lab when opening a frog. It was blood, and it was fresh. My foot nervously tapped the floor, and I looked around the waiting room. Where was that smell coming from? Of course, I finally knew the answer. Blood covered my right hand, flats, and even the side of my blue dress.

It's Greg's blood. I almost wanted to throw up the sight. The sight of blood was enough of me to overthink everything.

My lips trembled, and I stood up from the seat. I walked back and forth, anticipation killing me when I kept looking at the ticking clock. All I wanted was to know that Greg is okay. The thought of him getting into worst situations than earlier was nerve-wracking. What exactly happens to him? Who were those people?

The police had questioned me earlier. I couldn't answer most of the questions, but I was left alone. If only I had more information to help catch those guys.

"Dammit," I cursed. It was only one of those few times that I used foul language. The situation right now was stressing me out so much, and I couldn't settle down to think of one thing.

The door to the waiting room open in a rush, and I turned around to face the person. My breath caught on my throat when catching sight of a beautiful boy in front of me. It had to Greg's brother, no mistake. They both held the same face structure and captivating ocean blue eyes. He wasn't precisely older than I had imagined; instead, he was probably around my age.

"Are you Greg's brother?" I spoke. My voice sounding too fragile, even to be heard ultimately. His cold blue eyes narrowed, and he walked closer to me. He was imitating with his tense body movements, cold eyes, and tall posture.

"Who the fuck are you?" He questioned me. I can almost see the blood rushing through his veins. His pale skin seemed to turn a light shade of red from anger. I opened my mouth and closed it shortly after. Fear taking over me. His hand then wrapped themselves around my wrist and pulled me closer to him. I gasped. His touch is sending shivers down my spine. "Answer my question."