I'm sorry

AARON

I walked into the house after a long day with my lawyers. I decided not to bribe the judge... at least now yet. Leah had been avoiding me for almost a week. She still takes care of Tristan and goes to school, but she hasn't said a word to me in almost a week.

I walk over to Leah, who's sitting on the couch studying while Tristan plays with Leo.

"Hey." I say, giving her a small smile.

She glances up at me and then looks back down at her book.

I sigh and sit next to her. "Please, Leah. The silent treatment isn't working."

She still doesn't answer me.

"Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. Your opinion matters to me it always has." I say.

Leah begins to sob, and I grab her, pulling her into my arms.

"Hey, shhh. It's okay." I whisper to her.

"I'm so mad at you for yelling at me." She cries. "I've felt so many things. I just don't know what to do." 

Tristan taps my leg.

"Mommy crying." He says to me.

Leah gives him a sob chuckle and then scoops him up. This feels like home. With Leah's head on my chest and Tristan on my lap.

Just then, there was a loud knocking on the door.

"That's..... weird." I say and get up slowly.

I loosened my tie and walked the front door, then opened it.

"Aaron Reed?" The officer asks.

"Yes. That's me." I answer.

"May we come in?" He asks, and I open the door.

The officer and his partner walk, but who I'm not expecting to see following them is Ava.

"Are you gonna have him give me back my baby your not?" Ava asks the cop.

"Ma'am, please."

Leah gets up, holding Tristan and moves to my side.

"Sir, is that her baby?" The officer asks

"Yes, but he's also mine." I answer.

"Sir, she says you kidnapped her baby and won't give him back." He explains.

I felt my anger rising.

"I didn't take him she abandoned him after she locked him in a damn car." I saupy angrily.

"It was an accident." Ava argues.

"Oh yeah, was getting high on drugs an accident to?"

"Okay, okay, why don't we all take a breath." One officer says.

"Sir, do you have any document that states you have custody of this child?" The other officer asks.

"No. I'm working on it since she's a junkie." I say.

"I'm not a junkie!" Ava yells.

"You abandoned him, Ava." I argue.

"Okay, enough." The officer says. "Sir, if you don't have any legal documents for this child, then you're going to have to give him back."

"Are you kidding me? she's a junkie. She's violent and unpredictable. He's terrified of her." I say angrily.

I'm not letting Ava take Tristan.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but our job is to get the child. We suggest you talk to a lawyer." The officer says.

"My answer is no." I answer.

"Sir, then we'd have to arrest you for kidnapping."

"I didn't kidnap him she abandoned him!" I yell.

"I'm sorry, sir."

My heart is racing. I look over at Leah, and I shake my head. Ava goes over to her and reaches her hand out, but Leah steps back.

"Give me my baby." Says Ava.

Tristan starts crying, and I'm panicking.

"You're not taking my son!" I shouted and took one step, but an officer held me back.

"Ma'am give us the baby."

Leah looks at me again, and Tristan is gripping onto her, which all his might. Ava roughly grabs Tristan, and he erupts into screams.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Tristan cries loudly while reaching out for Leah.

"No, you can't let her take him!" I yell.

Ava walks out the door with the officer and my son.

"Sir, I know this is hard, but I suggest you call your lawyer. If she is what you say she is, then you will have your son back in no time." He says then leaves.

Leah comes to my side. "We'll get him back."

I run outside as Ava gets into her car, but then Leah runs after me and grabs my arm.

"Do you want an arrest on your record?" She asks angrily.  "An arrest won't help your case."

"He's not safe with her, Leah. We both saw that bruise we both saw how he cried in her arms." I say to her, panicking.

"I know. We're gonna get him back. I promise you, but that can't happen if you're arrested tonight." She says to me.

Tears are actually falling down my face, and I look back at the cars as they pull out of my driveway.

"He's our son." I say to her.

Leah cups my face. "Call your lawyers and your mom." She says. "And call the judge.

I froze.

"But you said -"

"Yeah well fuck what I said because that bitch just took him and he's not safe with her. I'm not letting him go through what I did, ok?" She says in tears.

"Baby.."

"I know what it's like Aaron it's a shit life for a kid and I can't sit by and let it happen so yes I know it's wrong and illegal but call the damn judge." She says angrily.

I grab her face and kiss her passionately. She pulls away slowly.

"Come on. Let's go get our kid back." She says and walks into the house.

I couldn't imagine anyone better to be the mother of my children than Leah.

_______

Don't shoot me guys. I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry. Don't forget to leave a comment also if there are typos I will edit later I'm in a rush rn.