Surprise visitor

AARON

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. I was still a little tipsy, but the shower helped. Leah handed me an aspirin and some water.

"Mad at me?" I asked her.

I throw the pill into my mouth and drank the water.

"No." She answered. "How do you feel?"

I grinned and collapsed onto the bed. "Never better."

"Aaron." She said in a warning tone.

"Leah." I answered.

"Is this about Gabby?" She asks.

I sigh. "I'm fine now, Leah. "

She kicked my leg and squinted her eyes at me. "Okay damn. Yes. Today is the day my little sister died."

Leah's expression softened towards me.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore, okay?" I tell her, and she nods.

I closed my eyes, already dosing off.

"Who's Ava?"

My heart dropped to my ass.

"No one." I answered.

Leah sighed and handed me my phone. "You should get some sleep."

I grab her and pull her onto the bed next to me.

"Stay." I whisper.

She kisses my forehead, and I wrap my arms around her. I like feeling her small frame against mine. She calms me down. I soon drift off to sleep.

~~

I slowly open my eyes, feeling the warmth of the morning sun on my face. I turn my head slightly to the side and see Leah lying next to me, her chest rising and falling rhythmically as she sleeps. I can't help but smile at the sight of her.

I want to be with her like this every morning.

As I take in the sight of her, I feel a surge of affection welling up inside me. Without thinking, I lean in and press my lips gently against her neck, savoring the sweet scent of her hair and the warmth of her skin. I feel her stir slightly at my touch, and I pull back, not wanting to wake her just yet.

It's strange how much things changed with Leah and I, but I like it. Not wanting to get hurt was holding me back, but looking at her right now, I'm ready to risk it all. Leah is who I want. Leah and our baby.

I lie there for a few more minutes, lost in my thoughts and feelings, before I finally muster the courage to speak. "Good morning, Leah," I whisper softly, my voice still husky with sleep.

She stirs again at the sound of my voice, and this time, she opens her eyes, blinking blearily in the morning light. "Good morning, Aaron," she murmurs, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips.

I can't resist the urge to kiss her again, this time more firmly, my hands gently caressing her waist as I pull her closer to me. She responds eagerly, her arms wrapping around my neck as we deepen the kiss, lost in our own private world.

But then Leah pushes me away and gets up quickly. She runs into the bathroom, shutting and locking it behind her.

Damn is my morning breath that bad?

I get up and knock on the door, I can hear her throwing up.

"Leah, open the door, please."

Just then, I heard the doorbell ring continuously.

Who the fuck is ringing my doorbell?

"Leah, I'll be right back." I tell her.

"Okay." She answers, and I can hear her throwing up again.

As soon as I open the door to my bedroom, Leo runs in and scratches on the bathroom door.

Jeez, it's like I'm invisible now, huh?

I make my way down the stairs and unlock the front door. As soon as I open the door, I shut it immediately.

No. No. And FUCK NO!

My heart is racing.

"Aaron, we need to talk." Ava says from the outside.

I hesitantly open the door, and I meet her gaze immediately. She smiles at me, but then my eyes land on the toddler she's holding. He looks to be about two. He has curly blonde hair and blue eyes just like Ava.

"W-who-"

"He's your son." Ava answers me.

Jesus fucking christ.

"M-m-my son?" I stutter.

"Can I come in, please?" She asks, and I let her.

Please, god, wake me up from this drea... no. Wake me up from this nightmare, please.

LEAH

I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet.

Fuck that felt awful.

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten my period yet. I quickly got up and grabbed the pregnancy test from the cabinet. I know I should wait for Aaron, but I would rather know now. I opened the packet and sat on their toilet. I was nervous.

Here goes nothing.....

After I was finished, I washed my hands and face, then brushed my teeth. I had a busy day today, but if this test came back positive them it would be worth it. I lift my shirt and trace my fingers over my scar. Losing the baby had a big effect on me, and I was actually planning to ask Aaron to share custody.

I never wanted kids since I was so focused on a career, but it feels so different when you're actually carrying a baby.
I still plan on finishing school and becoming a lawyer. Nothing will change that, but I just don't know it. I can easily give up a baby that's half of me.

I picked up the pregnancy test and took a deep breath. I opened one eye and looked down.

Two lines.

I jumped around in excitement and quickly ran out of the bathroom to find Aaron.

Leo is right at my side as I quickly go down the stairs. "Aaron. I have something to tell you." I say, but then stop in my tracks when a woman is holding a baby and Aaron next to her.

"Hey." I said awkwardly and hid the test behind my back. "Sorry, I didn't know we had company."

I take a look at Aaron's face, and he looks stressed.

"Who's this?" The woman asks, and Aaron runs his fingers through his hair.

"Um, this is Leah. My um .. my um friend." He says.

Friend? Okay.. I'm just gonna assume he just doesn't want people who aren't related to him about the whole surrogate thing.

"What's going on?" I ask

Aaron looks at his feet like he's just seen a ghost.

"I'm Ava. This this is our son. Tristan." The woman answers.

So this is Ava..

"Our?" I ask in confusion.

"Yes." She answers. "Me and Aaron."

_____

Sometimes, I can't handle the shit I write