Drunk nights

I drink straight from the alcohol bottle and walk around my large house, swaying from side to side slightly. I have so much on my mind. I've been drinking since I got home from work. Leo barks at me, and I stumble onto the floor.

"Don't judge me." I slur. I'm talking to my dog. Great..

I get up shakily and sit on the couch. I miss Gabby. I'm confused about my feelings for Leah. I drink more and stare up at the ceiling.

Leah. My surrogate. The woman I trust to carry our baby. Our. Our? Yeah. It's our baby. Leo barks at me again, but I ignore him. I feel lost knowing that Leah won't always be in my life. I tried not to fall for her. I tried not to fall for her the way I fell for Ava. Fuck. I should've never had sex with her. I should've kept my dick in my pants. Why? Why her? I did this to myself.

I drink again, and just then, Leah bursts through the front door. I ignored her and kept drinking. I didn't want her to see me like this.

"Aaron..." She says a voice barely above a whisper.

I don't listen. My mind drifts to Gabby. My little sister. The joy of my life. Her smile..gosh her smile lit up the world..... I'll never see it again.

A single tear drop rolls from my eye, but I'm too deep in thought. Gabby's favorite food was chocolate chip pancakes with a bit of whip cream. I remember the first time we tried to make it.

I walked into the kitchen, I saw my little Gabby standing on a stool, her tiny hands already covered in flour. She was only four at the time. She was trying to mix the batter for the chocolate chip pancakes we were making together, but she was struggling to hold the whisk properly.

"Hey there, little chef," I said, walking over to her. "Need a hand?"

Gabby looked up at me with a big grin on her face. "Aaron! Yes, please!"

I took the whisk from her and started to mix the batter, but I couldn't resist having a little fun. I dipped my finger into the batter and flicked it at Gabby, hitting her right on the nose. She gasped in surprise but then started to giggle.

"Oh, it's on now!" she said, grabbing a handful of flour and throwing it at me.

"Oh no, you didn't. "

We quickly got into a playful fight, tossing batter and flour at each other and laughing. Our kitchen was a mess, but we didn't care. This was the most fun either of us had had in a while.

"Take that!" I said, sending another spoonful of batter flying at Gabby. She ducked out of the way but then retaliated by smearing a handful of batter on my face.

We were both covered in flour and batter, but we didn't stop until we had used up all the ingredients. Finally, we collapsed onto the floor, laughing and out of breath.

"That was so much fun!" Gabby said, still giggling.

"I know, right?" I replied breathless.

Gabby giggles and takes my hand. "I love you, Bubba." She smiles.

I leaned in and kissed her forehead. "I love you to Gabby bear."

Leah snaps me out of my flashback when she wipes my tears on my cheeks. I didn't even know I was crying that much.

"Please. Tell me what's wrong..." Leah pleads.

I start sobbing, and she grabs me, placing my head on her chest.

"I miss her. I miss her so much it hurts."

Leah rubs my back. "Do you mean Gabby?"

I quickly clear my throat and pull away. I don't want her to see me like this. I was about to drink again, but Leah grabbed it from me roughly.

"No more." She says firmly.

"Leave me, Leah. " I tell her, but she ignores me.

"You don't have to tell me what's bothering you, but you're not going to drink yourself to death on this couch." She says to me.

I groan, and she grabs my arm, pulling me off the sofa. "No." I mumble.

"Yes." Leah says and wraps an arm around my waist to help me up the steps. She's so small underneath me. It's cute.

"I'm fine." I slur.

She rolls her eyes and takes me into the bedroom, and I collapse onto the bed.

Mmmm, bed.

LEAH

I watch as Aaron lays there barely conscious. I got on top of him and began to unbutton his shirt.

"Mmmm." He smirks and grabs my waist.

I don't know why he's being this way. All I know is that it has something to do with his little sister. I won't push him to tell me he will do so. I'd he wants to, but I am going to look after him.

"So that why you brought me up here?'' he grins and begins to move my waist.

He brings his face up to mine, and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"You know if you wanted to fuck we could've done that on the couch." He slurs.

I smile and lean in like I'm going to kiss him and then slap him. His jaw drops.

"I'm not fucking you like this." I say squinting my eyes at him then removed his shirt.

"That hurt."

"Good." I say coldly.

"Do it again." He grins.

This man-

I got up and pulled him to his feet. "Time to sober up."

"No. I wanna be drink. Leave me alone."

"You can't even speak properly." I said and pulled his pants down.

"I'm not a child."

"Are you sure?" I ask sarcastically.

"Leave me alone, Ava." He slurs.

Excuse me? Did he just - yeah, that makes this part much easier.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the bathroom, and sat him in the tub roughly.

"Wait, Leah! No, don't!" He shouts, and I turn the cold water on.

"Sober up, Aaron. I mean it."

"That's fucking cold!" He yells.

"Sounds personal." I say sarcastically and walk away. He'll learn.