Dark Thoughts

Scarlett's POV

The last couple of days have been insane. I haven't seen Anastasia in a few and we have barely spoken. She's been busy, she says. After the verdict, I texted her and told her I wanted to meet but she said she couldn't. I talked to Lizzie since she was the last person that had seen her and said she seemed fine. Ekaterina wasn't exactly open about talking about Anastasia for some reason. I'm trying not to overthink but I'm leaving to L.A. tomorrow morning and I haven't had the chance to tell her.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number, hoping she would answer. Ring. Ring. Ring. I thought she wasn't going to pick up when I heard her coldly say "Anastasia Volkova speaking, did you get the information I asked for?". Surprised by her reply, I noticed she hadn't checked who had called her "Hey, Anastasia, it's Scarlett" I said. "Oh, Scarlett. I'm sorry darling. I thought you were someone else" her tone changed completely to the gently one I'm used to. "Don't worry, I was calling because I wanted to see you and talk to you about something. We've both been busy and I miss you" I said sincerely. "Yes, I'm sorry about that детка. Sure, would you like to have dinner together?". "Yes, yes I would love to" I replied excited about seeing her again. "Brilliant. I'll pick you up at your place at 6" she said. "Oh, actually I came to visit Lizzie and her sisters so maybe pick me up at their place?" After the trial began, I wasn't entirely sure where Colin would stay so I went back to their place since they offered. "Yeah, sure. I'll see you soon gorgeous". "Okay, see you soon". Anastasia hung up. She sounds off. Maybe something happened. I'll try to talk to her about it later.

— Hours Later —

Anastasia's POV

I've been trying to research everything I can about the men Lizzie had mentioned. Ekaterina seems to worry about my well-being but I'm fine. We have been fighting a bit which doesn't help either.

Throwback

"Анастасия Я беспокоюсь о тебе. Я понимаю, что ты беспокоишься об этих людях, но я боюсь, что это до тебя доберется. В прошлый раз такое случилось... (Anastasia I am worried about you. I get that you are worried about those men but I am scared it will get to you. Last time something like this happened...)" the lawyer said. Anastasia exploded "В последний раз что!? Я сделал то, что было необходимо! Я не вернусь и я, конечно, не позволю им причинить тебе боль или кому-то, кто мне дорог. (Last time what!? I did what was necessary! I won't go back and I, for sure, won't let them hurt you, or anyone I care about)". Ekaterina raised her voice as well "И я недоучу, но то, что я выйду на бойню, не принесет тебе и никому пользы! (And I understand but going out on a killing spring will not do you or anyone any good!)". "ЕСЛИ ЭТО НЕОБХОДИМО, Я УБЬЮ СТОЛЬКО ЛЮДЕЙ, СКОЛЬКО СОЧТУ НУЖНЫМ. Я НЕ ВЕРНУСЬ И НЕ СМОГУ ВЕРНУТЬСЯ. Они заплатят за то, что они сделали с нами, со мной. (IF THAT'S WHAT'S NECESSARY I WILL KILL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I SEE FIT. I WILL NOT AND CANNOT GO BACK. They will pay for what they did to us, to me)" the model said with poison in her voice, exiting the flat and slamming the door on her way out.

End of  Throwback

I was happy that Scarlett had called. I haven't told her that I'll be leaving by the end of the week to L.A. to work so that's something I'll mention. I talked to Ina and explained that Scarlett and I will be having dinner here and she offered to leave for a few to give us some space. I don't like fighting with Ina, she's my everything, but she's doesn't understand why I'm so scared. She knows but she didn't go through what I went through. It changes you. It breaks you. It made me angry, numb. The only thing that gave me joy for was killing. Seeing those who were bad, begging for their life while I stood there looking at their agonizing faces. Seeing the life run out of them. My knife and my own hands with dripping blood, having them suffer as much as I had suffered. I was lost back then. I barely felt human. No remorse. No pain. No fear.