33

I wanted to hit myself.

Why did I need to look in his eyes for that long? I mean they were pretty, no stop... You have a boyfriend.

Who I've barely seem since I got here, you think after losing me to the Capitol for.. however long it was, he'd want to be by me more.

How does Macy or Priya not drool over Cato? Even the girls here, I mean they do. But, I've never seen him with anyone besides that table or Enobaria.

I shake the thoughts going down the the hall to grab a bite to eat and write. I sit on a corner table by myself, as I normally do.

No one had bothered to talk to me, they always stared but it's a new norm for me now. I don't like quiet, it reminds me to much of the Capitol.

Everything was eerily quiet, even in our rooms. I wanted to talk to Annie but we were watched all the time. Later I was to drugged to talk, leaving me in a place of insufferable silence.

I like the constant chatter of the hall, it just reminds me that there's people around me. That I'm not there anymore.

I grab a couple fruits before setting myself down pulling out the notepad and pen.

It was a deep black color, the pages a beige. I liked it, there was a certain elegance to it. I smiled, it's something so small but the fact that he went out of his way to get it for me.

To make sure I remember things.

I tapped the pen on the table, what should I write about first?

Maybe my name.

My name is Kaylaya Musak ( Do I have a middle name)

Ask Cato.

I'm..

I don't know how old I am, so I put a question mark. I'll need to ask Cato about that to.

I'm from a district called 2.

I was in a Hunger Games. I wasn't supposed to volunteer. But I did. To save a friend called Nelly.

I don't rememember her, but she was important if I risked my life for her.

She was left behind in District 2.

My partner was Aspen.

He was mad I volunteered, He left me but then we made up-resulting us to ally with Districts called 4 and 7.

That's how I met my boyfriend River.

Cato was my mentor. And Enobaria ( I guess I liked her to)

We knew each other, but didn't talk until I volunteered. He used to hate me, now we're friends.

I trust him.

I was trained by two Head Peacekeepers. My dad and Zane Hadley.

( Who are my parents- ask Cato. Also ask if I have siblings)

Cato said that was illegal, but I don't think anyone knew besides him. We were supposed to be the next top Peacekeepers.

I'll never become one.

Written on 8-19

I sigh in content, that basically sums up our first couple sessions.

It was soon ruined by the loud crack of a tray getting thrown down right across from me. I jump, looking up quickly to River and Vienna.

" What the hell?!" River says glaring me down.

I furrow my brow, " What?"