14

Cato POV

This place doesn't have Capitol medicine, So I'll need to heal the old way. Now my arm is in a cast, getting even more attention from the girls.

I went to apologize to Enobaria, which was easy enough. She only hit me 3 times.

They made a response.

It had nothing to do with me, or anyone else. They showed the video the Capitol sent us, Coin voiced over to tell the people of Panem about the Cruelty.

Leading to another Capitol interview.

It was Annie and Kaylaya this time. They put them both in short sleeve dresses. Miraculously, Annie didn't have one imperfection on her.

But she looked purely terrified, her eyes were wide as she stumbled over her words repeatedly. She even cried, Kaylaya needed to finish her sentence warping it into something the Capitol would've fed her. She looked equally as stressed.

Her face was solid from all the respected trainings not to show emotion. But I know her, I know her eyes. Her eyes showed she was purely terrified.

The same eyes she had when the bear mutts from her Games appeared, when everyone found out it was her that made them all get locked in with those mutts.

That was the first time I think she was truly terrified. It was the same eyes I had when I rewatched my games, when I thought I was going to die.

I swallowed the bile in my throat as I watched her intensely.

They called us liars, they confirmed they're fine. Ceasar touched their arms further proving the point, Annie sat there looking perplexed as he touched where the bruise would've been.

She should be wincing, she's not. How did they heal that up so quickly?

Then they asked about their opinions on the propo we made.

Annie shifts around nervously, her eyes were glassy. One more question, and she'd explode into the fits she's known for.

Finnick also shifts looking at her, Everyone from around the table looks at him which he doesn't register. River was in his own little world, he acted like he was drugged spacing out frequently.

Kay takes the attention off of Annie, " I can say, I was disgusted Caesar." She answers quickly.

" Really? How so?" He inquires.

She mentions to Annies arm, " There's nothing there. They're trying to turn everyone on the Capitol, using what..some made up photos." She softly laughs trying to lighten the mood.

" How do you think they made those photos?" Caesar asks her.

She looked at him tight lipped, but Kay is witty so she recovers quite quickly. She shrugs, " They have a Gamemaker, he knows how to make things.. like the mutts for example. It was his job."

" So, correct me if I'm wrong Kaylaya... Your saying anything that they could be putting on our screens indeed could be fake, every last word, and face?" Caesar asks.

She nods.

" So maybe Octavia Avril isn't alive at all?" Caesar announces.

I could almost hear the country gasp at that remark, they're doing a good job pushing everyone against us.

Annie looked wide eyed at the encounter, and the crying starts. Her cries turn into terrors as she sobs, Kay and Caesar looked repulsed. Peacekeepers needed to go on set to retrieve her kicking and screaming.

" Annie." Finnick breathes, his eyes watery as he almost cried readjusting himself to see her for a second longer.

" She'll be ok." River whispered trying to comfort his brother.