Lost

Vad POV

When was the last time I saw Kaylaya Musak?

It was when I told her about me going for peacekeeping. Since that day I haven't talked to her, I barely ever saw her.

Until I saw her walking up that stage with my sister and Cato. All the victors lined up waiting to see who's going to die again.

And the odds were put against her, when I heard her name again it took everything in me to stay by Nelly and Archer.

I searched Cato's expression, I looked at Enobaria when Brutus got picked.

I felt like the odds were against me, having two important people in my life go back. One of both might be dead.

How could we cope with that?

I couldn't even say goodbye, that night I needed to hold Macy and Priya as they cried. Nelly and Archer in the same room unsure what to do.

Nelly still had the guilt from her first games, She felt horrible she needs to go through that again.

Through that week we were glued to the TV, she was known as the ' Captiol's sweetheart or jewel'

Still people loved her. She was a direct opponent to the Girl of Fire.

The girl on fire was for the rebels, while Kay was used for the Order and Peace of the Captiol. The people loved the secrets drama, it only brought anxiety from th wrest of us.

We knew they were going to put them together, see who will be the survivor.

We never got to see.

Octavia from 12 blew up the arena. That's when everything went black. The whole district went into a frenzy, I was notified from Commander Hadley to come to the Justice Building.

I was leaving to go to the lower districts, to 'constrict' them. I wasn't stupid, it was a punishment.

So we needed to go to our houses and pack as much as I could.

That's when these two peacekeepers took me, I felt a sting in my neck. Then I was out. When I woke, I was with Priya, Macy, and the Hadleys.

No sign of Nelly or Archer.

The girls were drugged, Mr.Hadley was talking to one of the Peacekeepers driving while Mrs.Hadley was in shambles.

" What's going to happen to her." She cries.

" I don't know Marie." Zane sighs from the front.

" Where the hell are we?" I ask urgently, slowly gaining function in my body.

Zane turns, " We're getting out of here." Is all he says. " We'll explain soon."

" Where is Archer? And Nelly?"

Zane frowns, " We don't know."

" What do you mean you don't know! Where is my brother!"

Zane turns momentarily, nodding at one of the Peacekeepers. I was out again.

******

13 took us.

They retrieved anyone valuable to Cato and Kay. Same with 12. The Capitol took Annie, Finnick already had River Odair their parents didn't make it.

The strange man from 3 didn't have anyone.

They presume Archer is dead, people were rioting a split was done in the district the moment the screens went black.

2 is broken.

Nelly was maybe evacuated, I hope Archer is with her. They took Macy without her parents knowing not that they'll care much.