Not just us

Octavia POV

**********

They never took into account that the Capitol was going to bomb District 12.

As soon as the screen cut out, all the Peacekeepers just left. They thought the Captiol just cut us out to die ourselves.

They were wrong, 2 hours later the hovercrafts from 2 appeared burning everything in their paths.

Gale got 800 of our people past the fence into the woods, they waited a couple days before another Hovercraft from 13 came to pick up refugees. Luckily Gale got my family out.

He said it appeared out of thin air, but makes sense seeing it was a combat district for defense or something like that.

The only others they got family wise were from district 2.

Cato Hadley's family and a few friends. I think one was the shark tooth mentors sibling.

From what Gale said, she had another but they couldn't find him. Make me wonder if the Capitol were looking for the same people to bring to the mansion.

But they considered that one dead. Evangeline's friend- Anker- is dead.

All I have in this facility is my mother, Reign, and Evangeline. Who I barely see now, I think she's with Plutarch and Alma Coin.

Who speak of it... I was requested to go see. They sent Gale, seeing he rescued all those people he's deemed important here.

People look at him in adoration, the girls here like him though that's how it was in 12 too.

" Do you know what they need to talk to me about?" I ask as he leads.

" No, I just got a radio call to bring you to one of the discussion rooms, it's private so I'm guessing it's to be top secret." He says formally.

I hate when he talks like that, he talks like Gale when in private but when we're out he sounds like a commander or something.

I've talked to him quite a bit in 12 though we didn't see each other on a normal basis, seems like being here with him the last two weeks gave me a different insight on how he is.

Maybe he was always more of a serious person.

I was trying to think what it could be about, most likely this Mockingjay thing, But I already told them no, maybe if they considered me in their plans things could've been a lot different.

They killed Cal. Though we only knew each other for about a year he was the greatest friend a person could ask for, he was a breath of fresh air compared to the slum we were in.

I bumped into someone. " Oh sorry-"

" Can't you see where your going?" He almost yelled. Cato.

I blink a couple times at the tall figure glaring at me. " Hey calm down, she didn't mean-" Gale began, "Shut the hell up." Cato says as he kept walking.

I could see Gale wanted to follow him, to punch him or something but seeing and hearing Cato's been a little..unstable I grab Gale's arm.

" Don't."

Gale looks at me harshly before his eyes went back to the blonde. It's not if, it's when Gale is finally going to go after him.

He's had a hatred for Cato Hadley since the 74th games, when he killed Gales friend Katniss Everdeen.

" He's such a sadistic prick." He uttered.

" I already knew that. But it's not worth getting hurt over something so dumb."