Chapter 19

"Clarissa" Elijah got down to where she was. Her head hurt like crazy and her lips were blue and dry.

"Elijah" she closed her eyes and exhaled as if she was relieved to see him. She pushed herself up so that she stood, but very weakly.

"You're..." Elijah went to explain everything to her

"I know" she nodded "I don't want to go over it anymore than it needs doing" she still clutched onto his jacket. It smelt like him, it was comforting.

She felt a twinge in her stomach as she looked from Elijah to klaus and back to Elijah.

"How do you feel?" Elijah asked her, holding his arm around for safety

"Hungry" she smiled, she scanned the floor observing where she had died and where her heart still lay.

She stumbled over and picked it up, the blood smudging over her hands "here" she threw it at Elijah to caught it but reluctantly threw it to the ground "have my heart" she giggled

"I don't think that's as funny as you make it out to be" Elijah thought, it was more tragic than funny

"Elijah, I need to laugh, I need to make jokes out of this or else I'd end up crying until I die" she tilted her head and kicked her heart to the side. "It kind of symbolises my old life; doesn't it, dead, cold, useless" she said before stamping her bare feet on it and squishing it. "Like I said before, I'm hungry"

She instantly changed subjects which made the two brothers confused. They looked at each other and back to Clarissa who had already started off on her journey.

"I need to get some clothes and then Klaus can take me to Hope so I can actually carry on living" she had laid out a plan of what she wanted to do and she intended to carry it out as quick as possible.

She lead them to her cabin, and in her camp, wolves from all over stared in awe at her. Clarissa kept her head down, she didn't feel like speaking to them right now.

She looked at Klaus and nodded at him, he understood that she wanted him to explain it and not her, otherwise she feared she's break down or actually eat one of them.

Her and Elijah got inside and closed the door. "I Feel it's best that you stay with us for a while, your pack will be fine" Elijah said

"I don't know"Clarissa replied quietly

"You need to be taught How to feed or else you can be dangerous" that's all Elijah had to say for her to agree, she didn't want to hurt anyone, especially anyone she knew.

"Okay, let me grab some things" she nodded and walked into her bedroom.

There she slipped on her jeans and a button up lumberjack shirt, she then grabbed an armful of clothes and just stood with them. She thought for a while. She had died, she actually had her heart ripped out and now she is stood in her room; living and breathing, just like Ezra should've been.

Clarissa threw her clothes across the room in a fit of rage and fell to the floor. She didn't cry, she just stared.

"Are you okay?" Elijah ran in and saw the clothes scattered across the floor. He knelt down and placed his arm around her to bring her in for a hug.

"I'm unnatural" she said, staring blankly "I was a wolf and now I'm a dead wolf"

"Listen, Clarissa; you are still the same person you were, you are still that crazy, stubborn, determined, friendly girl I knew, that hasn't changed" Elijah comforted her.

"No just my heartbeat, if I actually have a heart now" she rolled her eyes.

Elijah kissed then top of her head. "Look at it optimistically; it's a new lease of life, you can forget everything else and we can start our own life together" Elijah smiled and stroked the top of her arm

"Okay" Clarissa smiled, she looked up at him.

-

Hours later, Clarissa was in her room after drinking for the first time and ingesting Hope's blood for her survival.

Elijah finally got back into his study and sighed in exhaustion. Seeing Clarissa's vampire face for the first time actually frightened him a bit but she was still beautiful to him.

On the desk, he spotted a white piece of paper. It was strange, it hadn't been there before.

Elijah it said on the front and so he opened it up

Elijah,

I know you're reading this and I am only a couple of doors away. But I'm probably asleep now and I'll spend the rest of tomorrow day time teaching myself about turning into a wolf and back out without my ring.

But I wanted to invite you for a drink, coffee, beer, whatever you'd like. Because obviously I'm not going to confess my undying love over a letter, which would be sort of romantic but hey, why not actually do it face to face. Even though I just kinda confessed it right now but still, I just want to talk about us, or future and I just want time for us.

I'll hopefully be ready at 8.00pm tomorrow you can come and knock on my door.

I'm just guessing that you don't have anything planned, if you do just tell me and we can reschedule.

So I'll see you then,

Love Clarissa xxxxxxx