Chapter 25

The month passed as slowly as it possibly could. Elijah had no luck with finding a cure to this wolf curse himself. He had to take it from the witches.

"I suppose if this cure works, I won't be seeing you anymore, Mr. Mikaelson" Josephine smiled happily

"Do not get your hopes up Miss Laroux, if this doesn't work you'll be seeing a lot of me" Elijah winked

"Hmm" she breathed, not looking exactly in his eyes but towards him.

She gave up the small vile of green liquid in to Elijah's large, welcoming hands. "Thank you"

"Don't make me regret this, Mr. Mikaelson" she said as if she were a robot

"You won't" Elijah smiled and slid the vile in to his inner pocket. "I'll be seeing you very soon"

"Hopefully the last" she blinked

Elijah nodded and then spun around to walk to the door, without another word.

He felt the vile burn in his pocket, as if he were carrying fire in his pocket. But it wasn't fire, it was something much more important to him. The guaranteed safety and well being of Clarissa.

"Get you vampires ready" Elijah said to Niklaus as he walked through the door

"I suppose your last minute attempts of finding your own cure has gone down the drain? And now I'm taking the charge" Klaus twiddled his fingers in excitement "violence was always my thing"

"Fine, you can take the lead in that little part" Elijah finally allocated him leadership "either kill them or torture them enough for them to give up"

"I have my own ways" Klaus smiled. He was going to murder every last one of them.

"But wait until we know that this thing works"he held the vile out for Klaus to see

"Why? We could start the killing spree now and then save the regent for last, we can threaten her with the destruction of her life, she'll soon comply" Klaus had a point, if she had lost everything close to her and all of her witches, she had no protection, nothing.

"Okay" Elijah decided "do whatever you like, but don't mess this up"

"I'll take care of the witch problem, you take care of the Clarissa problem" Klaus summed up "if you two recover from her 'welcome home' surprise, you can join us"

Elijah scoffed at Klaus' subtleness. "I'll collect some of her things" he said and sped up to her room.

He hadn't been in it since he thought she was missing. The room still smelt of her, however the bed was made and everything was tidied up a bit.

Her wardrobe, however; looked an absolute mess. He could barely make out where one shirt stopped and one shirt began.

Eventually, he had untangled one of her favourite black long sleeve shirt and khaki green skinny jeans. He always liked that colour on her.

He also picked up some underwear, the necessities. He felt awkward rummaging through her drawers, he didn't know why, he's already seen them before.

And finally, her matt black Doc Marten boots were the first pair of shoes he picked up. They'll do, they were the only ones that weren't actually covered in mud.

He could vaguely hear Clarissa's voice in his head. He would imagine her saying something like 'since when did you become a fashion designer? You should choose my outfits more often'

And he would reply 'Im not sure that you'd want that' and Elijah went through a whole conversation in his mind. He thought about how amazing it would be to have her back home.

Elijah heard cursing from downstairs. The witch hunt had begun, which meant it was almost time to head out to the bayou.

He decided on something, Elijah grabbed the pillow she had always slept on-she had taken it from her house in the bayou- and her pyjamas. The fluffy unicorn ones, and then he transferred them in to his room. He didn't want to let her out of sight tonight, or any night. His room would become their room. And then he left.

A hint of excitement hung in the air tonight, blood shed mixed with the knowledge of having Clarissa back permanently was certainly no ordinary night.

"By the look on your face, I assume you have it?" She asked, sneaking up from behind and hugging him

Elijah spin around and covered her with his jacket to begin with. If this cure works, there was no guarantee that she was staying a human for the night, nobody knew. So he wanted to wait for it to work before she put on her clothes. "I do" he smiled, showing it to her

"That looks disgusting" she grimaced at both the sight and smell of it "it smells like someone killed a mouse and left it to rot in some toilet water for half a century"

"Very precise" Elijah chuckled, handing it over "now are you going to drink it or am I going to have to force it down you like a child"

She snatched it off him, muttering under her breath "I'll do it myself"

She took a drink and forced the rest of it down. "Yep" she croaked once the vile was empty "definitely a mouse in toilet water"

Elijah chuckled again "well, how do you feel?" He said hopefully

Clarissa held her arm out and Elijah watched as it grew and snapped into a larger paw with sharp claws. And then it slowly returned to normal.

"Well I wasn't able to do that before" she exclaimed, smiling.

"It worked" Elijah opened his arms and Clarissa jumped straight into it. He lifted her up and spun her around, placing a very gentle kiss on her chest.

"Thankyou" she murmured into his hair, which smelt like coconuts and cologne. "I love you"

"I love you more" he replied, sliding her down his body and giving her the clothes he had brought.

She slowly slipped the jacket off and handed it to Elijah, who was trying so hard not to admire her pale body, which absorbed every ray of light from the moon to make her look even more perfect.

"You thought of everything" she lifted up the pair of underwear hidden underneath the jeans

"I'm very precise" Elijah replied, lifting up her bra and shirt

"I noticed" she winked and stepped into her jeans and then threw her shirt on.

"Perfect" Elijah smiled as he ran his fingers through her hair. She tucked a piece behind her ear and then kissed him on the cheek.

"What about the witches?" She asked, still happy but a little concerned

"Klaus is taking care of them" he informed her

"So I guess we're out of the woods then" she looked up and they began to walk home.