Chapter 18

"Well if it isn't miss 'I start wars'" Niklaus chuckled quietly to himself as Clarissa stormed into his room

"I need to talk" she said. It was weird for Klaus, she had never even bothered introducing herself before, he obviously knew who she was and she him, but this was the first conversation

"Well I don't have the time" Klaus smiled sarcastically

"I see that you don't really have a clue on how to kill Dahlia" Clarissa smiled as she gained the upper hand "I have the thing that you need to obtain the final ingredient and I have a plan, but I need you"

Klaus turned around, brushing her plead off

"Klaus please, it concerns Elijah" at his brothers name, he turned around to catch Clarissa slamming something on the table, that changed everything.

"Where did you get that?" Klaus pointed to the stone Clarissa planted on the desk

"I'm a collector" she winked. Obviously she wasn't going to tell him how she got it, she could barely remember herself.

"I'm being serious, do you know what that does?" Klaus turned serious now.

"The renascentiam stone, able to bring one person of your choosing back to life" she looked at Klaus dead in the eyes "I would use it to return Ezra, but I fear that soon enough I'll to be dead"

She slid the stone over for Niklaus to catch very eagerly "use it to bring back your mother, her blood is the key"

"How do you know this? And even if we did have all 3 ingredients how could we get to her? She's powerful you know, and how does this concern Elijah?" Klaus had so many questions, she was so young but so... He couldn't describe, she had the wisdom of someone who had been around for a while.

"Dahlia came to me the other day; gave me a choice" Clarissa began to explain "either she kills me or she kills Elijah, obviously I vouched for him and now I have to offer myself up like a christmas turkey tomorrow"

"Okay, you covered Elijah's part, now continue" Klaus was becoming impatient

"Use me as a distraction, she wants to kill me sooo bad and you can use that as an advantage, but all I ask of you; I haven't decided to use it yet, but it would be there" she described "I need a vile of your blood"

Klaus hesitated; he didn't know whether to give it her or not. But he realised she was basically giving her life up for the annihilation of Dahlia and the life of Elijah. Shouldn't she get another chance? She acted as if she was...

...Family.

He quickly nipped his wrist and dropped enough into a small glass vile which he handed to Clarissa.

She slipped it into her pocket "please keep this to yourself for now" she begged for his silence "if Elijah knew he'd go ballistic"

Klaus nodded and smiled. He was just another step closer to Dahlia's demise.

Elijah looked up at his brother. Klaus had explained everything to him.

"Dahlia had told her to choose?" He asked like a wounded puppy, his eyes shot red and he still gripped on to Clarissa's cold body.

Klaus nodded

"And we don't know if she took the blood?" Elijah asked more questions "so we have hope" he came to the conclusion

"We might, but she seemed dead against it when I last spoke to her" klaus didn't want to shoot his brother down right there and then, but I was better to prepare for the worst.

Elijah didn't reply. He looked down and smoothed her hair over, so he could see her face.

His hand ran across her face and closed her eyes. He couldn't bare to look at them anymore; the sight only felt like 10,000 stakes being stabbed into his heart.

"Elijah, she saved you" Klaus tried to reason with him

"And at what cost?" Elijah raised his voice "I have been nothing but ungrateful to that girl and she still acts like a martyr, she still would kill herself than watch the man she cared for, the man who didn't appreciate her, the man who slept with someone else whilst she was mourning, she didn't want to see him die. Brother she told me that I had broken her and now I'm afraid she had her revenge; for now I am the one that is broken"

He brought Clarissa up so her head fell on his shoulder and he cuddled up to her and tried to believe that she was only sleeping.

Elijah placed a small kiss onto her forehead before, regretfully putting her down on the floor. "I can't do this anymore" he shook his head "I can't hold the dead body of a girl who took her life for my own, I have had 1,000 years and she has only had 18"

Klaus didn't speak. He just listened for once in his life

"When I met that girl in the forest, that sweet girl who didn't care who I was or who I killed, if I had known that this would be the outcome I would never had carried on like i did" Elijah sounded regretful "it is true, only loss can bring out your true feelings; she has brought out a lot in me"

Elijah turned around and rested his head against a tree. "Maybe I should just leave" he murmured "this city has been nothing but awful, this is not a home"

But something caught both his and Niklaus' ears. A gasp?

"Oh my god" the small voice whimpered in fear "oh no"

Elijah shot around as soon as he heard the voice.

Clarissa held his jacked close to her body and her hands grasped to keep it closed. "What have I done?"