Chapter 2

"My gosh" Ezra's eyes adjusted to the sun and his clad body soaking in the relenting heat of the Louisiana bayou.

And then came along Jacob, Mark, Jessica, Victoria, Lily, James etc. until their old pack quarters in the middle of the woods had gone from abandoned to filled with rejoicing wolves.

A couple pranced past Elijah, shouting with glee and kissing each other every moment they got. He tried to push the thought of Hayley away from his mind; she was engaged, it was for the greater good for Hope, but he just couldn't forget the tension he felt when they spent that night together.

"Clarissa?" Ezra shouted, Elijah turned to look for this mysterious sister of Ezra's, he hadn't seen her properly yet and he would like to have the chance to greet a potential deputy for his army.

There was no one there and he had mistaken Ezra's calling for happiness, instead Ezra sounded slightly concerned. "Everyone is here" he observed "shouldn't she be here already?"

"I'll look for you" Elijah smiled and nodded to comfort the worrying brother "I'm sure she just got lost"

"I'll help" Ezra added, but Elijah stopped him

"You control your pack, I'm sure I'll be able to find Clarissa" Elijah began to walk away when a girl called out

"No need, she's right here" the brunette girl smiled, she was wearing the same as what she did when Elijah had first seen her "Ezra" she breathed before running up and hugging him.

Once there hug broke, the girl that Elijah believed to be Clarissa turned to him "you're Elijah, aren't you?" She asked innocently. He nodded.

As soon as Clarissa had even the shortest moments to gather her thoughts together, she wrapped her arms around the vampire and squoze him tightly "thank you so much" she whispered in his ear and gave him a friendly, light peck on the cheek.

Elijah, needless to say was a bit stunned, nobody had really taken to him so quickly and nobody ever had the guts to actually hug him. Except for... Don't think about it. He cut his thoughts off.

"It's my pleasure" he smiled in return.

"So who is this witch we need to kick ass?" She said confidently as if she had not just been a wolf a few minutes ago

"You're not kicking any witches ass Clarissa, you're 19" Ezra placed his hand on her back and tried to lead her away

"Nuh uh" she shrugged away from his touch "I'm deputy alpha, I'm a part of this pack, so I'm in"

"Who made you deputy alpha?" Ezra nudged his sister and laughed

"Well, I'm your sister and if you die then I'll rightfully get it, it's been in our family hasn't it?" She winked. Ezra knew she was right, but he wasn't going anywhere for now. "So that's why..." She turned to Elijah "every meeting you have with the wolves will be with me" she smiled

"And me" Ezra added "don't want you going making any mistakes do we?" He asked putting an arm around her

"Well I'll look forward to it" Elijah smiled "I need to attend to some other business but we will confer soon" he nodded to Clarissa and then to Ezra before disappearing

Clarissa and Ezra didn't waste any time, some wolves had already stolen some alcohol and it was time to get the fire burning and the party started.

"To being human again" she shouted, raising a drink up in the air

"Being human" the crowd roared in repetition and then some began dancing around the fire as the night fell, some took the opportunity to catch up with loved ones.

Clarissa, however, enjoyed every single moment of it, but she only stood there. She watched from a distance; torn between wanting a normal life and wanting what she had.

"Aren't you coming?" A little girl held her hand and dragged her into the circle of dancers. Clarissa laughed with glee and she began dancing with the child.

Nobody knew, but Elijah had came out to watch what the wolves were up to, he caught sight of the brunette girl dancing with a little girl. She looked happy, beautiful and the fire glowed on her skin like a painting.

This alliance was the best decision he had made; they valued family, they were compassionate and genuine, grateful in fact. If anybody would help the vampires defeat dahlia, these would be the ones.