Chapter 13.

*Mischief*

"Why would you sleep so deep and leave your window open what if something happened to you and I wasn't here God!" He wasn't harsh, he was stern.
"Don't yell at me!" I talked back. "Why didn't you let them, what's your business anyway? This isn't the first time something bad is happening to me and you weren't there. Just leave me alone!"
He stood there and said nothing. What was he to say, He can't just pop out of somewhere and act all caring. As much as he protected me this time, I still don't see any reason to forgive him, yet.
"I'm leaving just be careful next time." He finally said and left. I didn't call him back.
I sat on the bed with both hands on my face. Different thoughts going through my head. Tears were already dropping, my heart racing.

Three days after, dad and Josh came over. I was busy with my phone and still talking to Dad about what happened to me. I wasn't too affected by it for long. I got myself the next day.
"Jossy, I would like us to move back home in the US Josh's coming too." I looked at Josh and turned back to dad.
"When are we leaving?" Josh was busy with his phone but paused immediately. Josh looked at dad so surprised at my immediate acceptance.
"When?" Dad asked.
"Yes when are we leaving?"
"The day after tomorrow."
"Fine come pick me up tomorrow evening." I continued with my phone.

***Josh's POV

I had a bad feeling about Jossy accepting to come with us. Just like that? Nah Jossy's definitely going to do something funny. she is definitely up to one mischief or the other.  I had this feeling she would run away. She had become more stubborn than she was before and now she said YES?!
We stayed for a couple more hours. I was busy with my phone all through and only spoke when Mr Phillips asked me. Jossy and I just had this eye contacts from time to time. Sometimes, I mouthed the words "I'm sorry." and she'd look away immediately.
When we were leaving, she hugged her dad and only made eye contact with me. I spread my arms for a hug and she shook me briefly. "At least, that's enough." I thought.

The next day we got to Jossy's place, it was Locked.
"Ha I knew it. That crazy girl." Mr Phillips looked at me angry.
"I'm sorry but I just knew she would do something silly. Didn't you see the way she agreed to coming with us?" I paused for a while and continued. "Maybe you should try calling her though just in case." Mr Phillips called. Her phone rang but she was answering. He called 6 times but no response. Then he began lamenting,
"How could she do this? Ditching us at the last moment. And she sounded so convincing yesterday. Why would you Jossy? How could you?"
"How could I what?" Jossy came back with some bags.
"Oh jeez! Just when I thought she ran away, she surprises me again." I murmured.
"mm?" she asked me.
"Nothing." I replied.
"How are you dad and how could I do what?" She asked opening her door.
"Nevermind dear you are here now." She started laughing
"Oh please dad you guys arrived too early. Moreover, can't I step out of my house?" She unlocked her door and we got in. She picked up her phone from the centre table.
"6 missed calls? Oh My! I'm sure someone tensed you up dad." Saying this, she gave me a "You are so crazy" look and giggled. I didn't mind, anyway she proved me wrong.

***Jossy's POV

Arriving in New York, Sandra came to pick us up. She got to where we were and hugged me so tight and cried so much too. I didn't hug back.
"My child! I'm deeply sorry. I know I've hurt you so much and you hate me but I promise to make it up for the many years I abandoned you. I want to be a good mother and even a good person to you all I need now is your forgiveness." She cried so much and I fought back my tears. I waited for her to finish talking then I released her grip and replied her, "Sandra when we get home we can talk about this, please do not create a scene." I left them in the airport and got to the Taxi spot. They joined me. Dad held Sandra while she cried her eyes out. They both stayed in the same cab and Josh and I stayed in one. In the Taxi,
I sat far from Josh but then I needed him more than ever. He held one of my hands and I looked at him and moved closer. I laid my head on Josh's shoulder and he played with my hair.
"Josh."
"Hm?"
"I don't hate you. I am still mad though." I let out.
"I'm sorry."
"I really hurt Sandra right?"
"Yes you did. But it's understandable." I raised my head and looked at him. He wiped my tears and said,
"You shouldn't be too upset with her. She's still your mom no matter what and don't forget she has been your biggest support since you came to New York. She was always there even when I left you." He faced down. I raised his head up and he continued.
"Don't lose your mom because you are upset. It's okay to be angry with her but don't be for you long you'll kill her slowly." He sighed. I stared at him and didn't know when i kissed him. "I love you Josh."
"I love you too princess, I'm also sorry." We continued kissing and touching. We stopped when we heard, "We are here." That was the driver. We got down, paid the driver and went in. Josh and I stayed together till it was time for dinner.
Sandra now stayed in dad's place and he now got a maid.
Josh and I went up to my room to set up things before the helper  called us for dinner.
"I'm going down Jossy."
"That's okay I'll be with you guys soon."
"Take your time." He kissed my forehead and went down. I opened my IG after a long while and saw 12 messages from Tione.
.
.
"Hey did I hurt you?"
"I'm sorry I'm really sorry"
"It's okay if you don't want to talk I won't force you."
*2 days after*
"Good morning beautiful."
"Hope you had a goodnight rest?"
"Are you off because of me?"
"Okay I won't bother you anymore."
"Just reply my messages."
*3rd day*
"Can I call you?"
"Damn! I don't even have your number."
*4th day*
"I know you see me as a pest. How are you doing?"
*Today*
"I only always want to see you happy and that's my aim of chatting with you. So always be happy xoxo.Tione." He wasn't online now so I dropped a message.
"You really are a PEST. And thank you for checking on me. I'm good." I dropped my phone just for it to buzz. It was him. I smiled. "Finally!! Thank God." I read his message and was about replying when the maid came again.
"Jossy dinner."
"I'm cominggg." I immediately texted "BRB" and went down. I got to the dinning and I saw my favourite food "Fried rice and grilled chicken."  I knew Sandra prepared it. I sat close to Josh and thought of how Sandra cared for me all through my stay in New York. Even when I fell sick, Dave's plots and all she was always there. Immediately after that thought, I remembered when she told Dad she didn't care if her child was dead or not and luckily that child is me. Remembering that part alone, I lost my appetite.
"I'll Pass." I pushed the plate in front of me and stood up. Josh held my hands and shook him head. His eyes told me to stay but mine clothed with tears didn't want to pick the message. I freed myself and went to my room.

***Josh's POV

Sandra started crying again.
"I've lost her Tony. She doesn't even want to eat her Favourite food. She's never rejected her Favourite before." Mr Phillips just held her and told her not to worry. I went to Sandra and held her shoulder lightly, "It's going to be fine okay?"
I went to the fridge, got icecream and went to Jossy. Her room was open
"Can I come in?" She was lying face flat on the bed. She turned to look at me and turned to the other side. I walked in and sat on the bed. She sat up and hugged me. Her heart was racing and she was crying. She hugged me too tight and blurted,
"Josh I need help. I can't bring myself together to forgive her completely. Whenever I try, I have the replay of her saying she didn't care if I were alive or not. Help me Josh I don't want to lose my mom." She kept sobbing. I caressed her back and touched her forehead she was boiling.
"Fuck! Jossy you are boiling up. What are you doing??" I went to her bathroom and wetted a towel and placed it on her head. I made her lie on my lap.
"What are you doing to yourself Jossy? You are running temperature already. Do you want to fall Ill? If anything happens to you I won't be able to forgive myself. You have to stop crying. You can't hold this grudge for long...