Chapter 10.

*Unveiling the scars*

"Don't even dare call my name Sandra and you dad or should I say, Anthony. You never thought it wise to tell me the truth all these years and you left a woman to take care of a child of which whom you yourself didn't bargain for?"

"Can you please listen to me Jossy"
"I don't want to." Saying this, I ran up to my room and locked the door. I could hear Sandra and Dad calling out to me to open the door and talk but I didn't want to see their faces. I buried my head in my pillow sulking the whole night.

***Josh's POV

After I left for London. I really felt bad. I couldn't get in touch with Jossy because I changed my phone. I focused on my studies and graduated. I tried contacting her on Instagram but it seemed she changed account. At some point I knew I needed her in my life as no one could ever replace her. I was really hurt by how I treated her. I betrayed her trust and needed to apologise. When my dad called her Dad, he was still in Nigeria and now his number isn't reachable. I became all lonely and reduced the friends I made. Most nightmares I had were all about her being in trouble. It was always scary because I had no one to ask of her well being. I felt so terrible and I could feel my whole world crumbling. Truly, good friends are had to find and replace. I did everything I could to reach her but I could. Called your number millions of times and still no response neither did it ring. fuck!

***Jossy's POV

The next morning, I packed my bags with only black and green like grey coloured clothes. I dropped a note saying they shouldn't look for me. I used my room window and left the house. With all the stress, I needed peace of mind. I decided to leave New York City entirely. I stayed in an hotel for a week to get my papers done. I travelled to Singapore. Started boxing and taekwondo classes. I went to driving school and got liscenced with a gun, yes! A gun. Might seem like too much but I needed it for self protection...
I was called CJ not Jossy. In that period, I got a message from Fordham that i was the best graduating student. I was really thankful but I did go for my graduation. For the first three months i was still trying to get over what a mess my life had become. First I lost my best friend, someone I felt I could trust and put all hope on, someone I trusted with my whole being and felt I could rely on.  Now my Dad, and Sandra. Messed up world for real. I really Hated Josh now, because he is never there when I need him, never!! After all the promises of staying with me through thick and thing... So much for promises! This is my most confused moment and I don't have a friend who I can turn to. I got myself a black bike, dyed my hair dim green and had a chameleon tattooed on my back. I stopped putting on bright coloured clothes. Started going to clubs but I didn't take drugs; I just couldn't.

***Sandra's POV

When Jossy locked herself up in her room. I blamed myself. I cried and begged her to open the door because I feared she would hurt herself. She was still too young to go through all the stress. Anthony was with me all night. Early the next morning we decided to give her space and hoped she came down. An hour turned to 2 and then 3. I got fed up and went to her room. The door wasn't bolted so I called Tony and checked the bathroom. She wasn't there. Anthony called my attention, "Sandra! Look at this."
The piece of paper stated clearly, "DON'T LOOK FOR ME!" I broke down in tears and for the first time in a very long time I saw a man cry. Tony cried like a child whose icecream got snatched. We both looked for her and even reported her missing to the police but no one could find her.
Three months later, a young guy showed up looking for Jossy. He looked familiar but I couldn't seem to remember him. I called Tony to the sitting room where we were. Sighting him, Tony exclaimed with utmost happiness,
"Josh!" He went to him and hugged him

**Josh's POV

After trying every possible way to track Jossy and apologize proved abortive, it occured to me that I could actually go visit her in her home. I took a flight to New York and with the help in my memory, I could remember she lived close to Mandrain park avenue. I knocked and I saw Sandra whom I didn't remember immediately. She called Mr Phillips and he looked happy to see me. He hugged me and I began apologizing, "I know I've wronged everyone, especially Jossy I really am very sorry. Can you please let me see her just once. To apologise please."  Mr Phillips was silent he only let out a sigh. "Something isn't right. Where's she? Where is Jossy?" I panicked slightly.
"Jossy left the house."  Mr Phillips and Sandra narrated all that happened and I blamed myself even more. I thought of all she went through with Dave and I wished I never hurt her, even for a second. I joined in searching for another 3 months and didn't find her.

**Mr Phillips POV

After searching for 6months, I didn't lose hope but I decided I would go get my "main" child.
"Sandra I booked a flight to Nigeria in 3 days time so get ready." I said focusing on some business work on my laptop.
"Nigeria?? What for??" She asked.
"For my child."
"I haven't been in Nigeria in like forever and I don't think I am ready for that Journey and now in Three days?"

"Does your not being in Nigeria for a long time count?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Don't be like this Tony."

"Look here Sandra, you can't make me lose on both ends. I'm going to bring my child you abandoned. When she's home I'll continue my search for Jossy."
"But don't you think you are moving too fast?" She asked.
"Are you being serious now Sandra? Have you by any chance lost it?"...